[Ansteorra-announce] Istanpitta in concert this weekend

Michael Tucker michaelt at neosoft.com
Thu Sep 26 09:29:00 PDT 2002

Greetings:

On behalf of Al Cofrin (Master Avatar in the SCA) and the other members
of Istanpitta, I'm proud to announce that we are presenting a concert
entitled "Pilgrimage to the Shrine of Saint Mary: Medieval Spanish Songs
in Praise of The Virgin Mary".

The first performance will be on Friday, September 27 at 8:00 pm at St.
Paul's United Methodist Church, 5501 South Main, in Houston
(713/528-0527).

We will reprise the concert on Saturday, September 28 at 7:00 pm at
Central Christian Church, 1110 Guadalupe, in Austin (512/476-6941).

These concerts will feature selected Cantigas de Santa Maria: music and
stories from Medieval Spain celebrating the miracles of Saint Mary, as
they might have been performed during the 12th-13th centuries. We will
be using mostly Medieval instrumentation[1], with stylistic and rhythmic
interpretation which we hope will be authentic to the era.

Performing for Istanpitta will be:
- Al Cofrin (oud, saz, vielle, shawm, bagpipe and vocals)
- Thea Goldsby (vielle, krumhorn and vocals)
- Jonathan Brumley (recorder and shawm)
- Kathy Wallace (vocals, recorder and percussion)
- Michael Tucker (percussion, sakbut and vocals)

Tickets to each concert are $15, available at the door. See
<http://www.istanpitta.com> for more information about the group.

Yours,
Michael Silverhands

[1] the shawm, krumhorn and sakbut are actually Renaissance instruments