[Ansteorra-announce] Barbarian Springfaire Reminders

Lisa Duke arabella at elfsea.net
Wed Apr 2 17:01:18 PST 2003

Greetings to all of you,
If Barbarian Springfaire is your intended destination here are a few
reminders about the site.

This is a primitive site.  You will be most comfortable in hard-soled shoes.
The rocks and other natural litter around the site make it difficult terrain
for a soft sole shoe.

There are no flush toilets on site, port-a-potties are provided.

There is potable water on site but it’s not wonderfully accessible to where
all the activities are located.  I’m not sure whether it’s city water or
well water.  Regardless it is strongly recommended to bring your own
drinking water.  I am bringing my own ... but then again I'm a water snob.

No showers on site, bucket sponge baths are recommended.

Limited electricity on site and restricted to medical uses only.

Ground fires are allowed in an earth-dug pit.  Have appropriate water,
bucket of dirt or extinguisher in easy reach.

Tiki Torches are allowed.

Pets are allowed with proper rabies papers and they must remain on a leash.

If you need further information or have questions please don’t hesitate to
contact me.
I should be on site very early in the day on Friday.

HL Arabella de Montacute, Steward

Web site www.elfsea.net/sf