[Ansteorra-announce] Open Challenge

BOWERMAN, MATTHEW S. (JSC-DV1) (USA) matthew.s.bowerman1 at jsc.nasa.gov
Mon Apr 7 09:41:13 PDT 2003

"HEAR YE, HEAR YE, HEAR YE<?xml:namespace prefix = o ns =

Let all princes, lords, barons, knights and squires of the regions of the
North, South, Central, East, and West, and all others of whatever marches
that are in the kingdom of Ansteorra and all other known world kingdoms, who
are not banished or enemies of the king our lord, may God save him, know
that I, Lord Rodrigo de Navarre, out of no ill will, and for love of my
lady, do here now issue an open challenge to all whom this message may find.
At each tourney that I shall attend this season I shall erect a gold and
green gallery.  And beside this gallery will be a challenge tree from which
hang three shields. The first shield being of the color gules, indicating
counted blows with pole weapons.  The second shield being argent, indicating
a match with sword and shield. The final shield being sable, indicating a
match with spear on foot. I shall await within this gallery all those who
would accept this my challenge, and extend to them as many passes as they
wish not surpassing twenty-five passes a Venent.  And to further insure that
all Venent's have the opportunity to meet me on the field of honor, I shall
keep the gallery open at night, and except matches by way of torchlight.
All of which I shall do in appropriate armor, with crest, and coats of arms,
as is the ancient custom.  All of which I do swear to accomplish in the name
of my lady fair, the Honorable Lady Antoinette de Burgundy, may the great
light bless and keep her in his sheltering hand.

In service to my Lady,

Lord Rodrigo de Navarre

--
[ Ivy.gif of type image/gif deleted ]