[Ansteorra-announce] Call for Virtual Scribes

Ansteorra Virtual Scribe vscribe at ansteorra.org
Thu Apr 17 18:01:44 PDT 2003

Greetings,

I am Chiara Francesca Arianna d'Onofrio. I am the new Kingdom Virtual
Scribe, deputy to the Kingdom Chronicler. I would like to take this moment
to thank the outgoing Kingdom Virtual Scribe and make an announcement.

I would like to thank His Excellency Michael Silverhands for the steadfast
job he has done for the website during his tenure. As all those that have
gone before him he has done a great job of running the show quietly and
without complaint. Please take a moment to email him your thanks for his
time and efforts. He is a wonderful person with a big heart for our Kingdom.
Vivat to Michael!

I would like to address first the most common question to date since I
stepped up. Why are there no longer any regional vscribes? This position,
the Kingdom Virtual Scribe, is a deputy position. If at the point it becomes
a stand alone office and not under another office that is when the regional
positions will be reinstated.

At this time I would like to open up position for a webteam, (team name to
be decided later), that will work as a team for the Kingdom Webpage. If you
wish to work on this team there will be several positions to fill all
require dependable internet connection and email. All must be familiar with
the internet.

All must be current members of the SCA and be able to maintain their
membership while in this team.
All must be subscribed to the Kingdom mailing list, the Kingdom Announce
mailing list, and RedTape mailing list.
Subscription to the SCA.org Virtual Scribes list is optional but highly
recommended.

Artist:
We need an artist who can create for us art that is needed for the website.
Must have dependable internet service and email.
This person must be willing to share their art with the virtual world.
Have experience in creating graphics specifically for the web.
Can create art in different formats for us to work with. Number of years of
experience is not as important as number of years working on web graphics.
Must be able to use ftp for uploading that is not FrontPage.
Must have their own software for creating and uploading the graphics.
Please send urls of your work and why you would like to be a part of the
team.

All other positions:
The Server supports mySQL and PHP.
We need individuals that know how to work in this with us. Everything we
will do will be connected in some way to PHP.
Needs to be able to help us create a positive user experience through the
design of page layouts, site navigation systems, help functionality,
interface look and feel, page flow logic, etc.
Thorough knowledge of HTML and related technologies, including the ability
to code
Whether you are new to HTML or not is not as important as the samples of
your work.
Strong design and layout capabilities including use of type, color, layout,
illustration. Must have a thorough understanding of the Web interface --
limitations and issues, solutions and trends associated with user interface
design
Must have own software for creating and uploading files for the WebPages.
Must know how to use css.
Some experience in JavaScripting is a plus but not necessary, we will
primarily be using PHP.
Must know how to debug, validate, and check your own work.
The candidate must also be familiar with how to code to keep up our
IRCA rating (http://www.icra.org/about/) which keeps us in compliance with
conformance level Double-A of the WCAG. This is a requirement as a part of
our Non-profit status. We need to bring and keep the website into
compliance.
Send your urls, why you would like to be part of the team, your real life
resume and sca resume. Include all work done on the web whether you got paid
for it or not.

Lady Chiara Francesca Arianna d'Onofrio
Kingdom Vscribe, Ansteorra