[Ansteorra-announce] Questionnaire for thesis research

April Gillilan agillilan at swbell.net
Mon Dec 29 18:20:13 PST 2003

Greetings Ansteorra!  I hope everyone is having a wonderful holiday season,
I know I am!  :-)

As many of you know, or have figured out over the past few months, I am
working on a Masters degree in Geography at Oklahoma State University.  My
thesis is entitled “A Spatial Analysis of Membership and Success in the
Kingdom of Ansteorra,” and I have been collecting data and asking questions
for several months.  To finish off the data collection part of the thesis,
and enable me to move on to analyzing it and writing about it, I have
created a questionnaire that I would like everyone who is willing to fill
out.  My beta testers took, on average, 5-10 minutes to fill out the whole
thing, so it shouldn’t take much of your time.  :-)

The first page asks you to fill in your SCA name and your zipcode.  Your SCA
name will be used to create a hash that will become the primary key for the
database.  Your name will not be stored in the database, nor will anyone
know what it is after you submit the questionnaire.  The zipcode will be
used as a geographic reference point for the data, allowing me to compare
different parts of the kingdom.

The second page of the questionnaire has 10 questions on it.  Some are
multiple answers; some are one answer only, depending upon the nature of the
question.  Most of the questions are straight-forward and easy to answer.
There are two that will require more thought, as you will be asked to select
the events you went to during 2002 and 2003.  All of the events are listed
in the questionnaire, in chronological order, with the name of the event and
the name of the hosting group.  If nothing else, at least give it your best
shot at remembering which events you went to.  :-)  There is also a space
for you to type in events, if they are not listed.  If you do so, please try
and include the date and hosting group.

The URL for the questionnaire is: HYPERLINK
"http://cchipman.homeip.net/questionaire.php"http://cchipman.homeip.net/ques
tionaire.php

Thank you for taking the time to help in my research.  If you have any
questions, comments, or problems with the website or questionnaire, please
let me know.  And yes, once I have my thesis completed I will let everyone
who is interested read it.  :-)

Lady Gilyan Clonmacnoise

Shire of Mooneschadowe

PS – Thank you to Jean Paul for providing his expertise in webpages and
learning PHP, just for me.  :-)

---