[Ansteorra-announce] Gulf Wars Wants You!!

Hillary Greenslade hillaryrg at yahoo.com
Fri Feb 7 20:45:07 PST 2003

Greeting Ansteorra!
I'm forwarding the following missive from Lady Finna, the Gulf War 2003
Waterbearer Coordinator, to the byways and hiways of Ansteorra.   Please
consider taking time at war and volunteer at WATERBEARING!!!

I've seen the war schedules <www.gulfwars.org>, there are 3 and 4
overlapping battle, archery, coursing and equestrian events on at the same
time, and each of those fields has a waterbearer station.
Essentially, take an average Ansteorran event, and multiply times 4.

Those Waterbearer stations must be staffed with volunteers to water the
fighters, marshals, heralds and participants.  It's up to you!  If you only
take A&S classes at the war, give a few hours to do Waterbearing. You an
armored marshal at the war?...do waterbearing one afternoon at the rapier
field.  Fighter on any field??...take a break one day and serve as a
waterbearer.

Ask Count Sir Mahdi about Waterbearing.  He took a day off from fighting,
specifically to do Waterbearing!  If he can do it, you can do it!

It takes 10 to 100 waterbearer volunteers, dependent on the battle, to
support those stations. Gather your households, your shires, your baronies,
pick a day, pick a battle and let's get WET!!
Hillary Greenslade, Ansteorra Volunteer Coordinator