[Ansteorra-announce] Glaslyn's Defender of the Flame

Cyril Marcellius cyril_marcellius at hotmail.com
Thu Feb 13 09:15:04 PST 2003

[ Converted text/html to text/plain ]
Glaslyn’s Defender of the Flame
March 28-30, 2003
LBJ National Grasslands
Alvord, Texas
    Does your honor come from the strength of your arm or the strength of your
heart?  We seek strong heroes to defend our Canton.  How many foemen can you
withstand?  Come enjoy our Hero’s Tournament and see how many you can fight at
once.
  The populace of Glaslyn wishes to invite all to attend their Defender of the
Flame event to take place on March 28-30 at the LBJ National Grasslands in
Alvord, Texas.  Site opens Friday at 5:00 p.m. and closes Noon Sunday.
    Chivalric, Rapier & Archery Defender of the Flame will fight for the title
in addition to the Keepers of the Flame to be chosen by the ladies of Glaslyn.
Siege weapon showing will also take place.
    $8 for adults, $5 for children ages 6-12 and children 5 years old and
under are free with a family max of $24.  A surcharge of $3 will be added for
adult non-members.  Checks to be made out to SCA, Inc./Canton of Glaslyn.
    Minors must be accompanied by a parent or legal guardian.  They may also
attend with a 21 year or older adult with a signed and notarized Minor Event
Waiver Form from the parents.  Pets are allowed.  Site is primitive, bring
your own water.  Site is wet in period containers.  If you have any questions
or have special needs, feel free to contact the event steward.
Steward
Master Airaklee Wolf
mka: Doug Turnage
2619 Robinwood Lane
Denton, TX 76209
Email: Wolf7777777 at hotmail.com[1]
Phone: 940-243-9912
Directions to Site:
Take your best route to Hwy 287 and proceed to Alvord, Tx.
Go to Business 287, then head east on Farm Road. 1655.
Next turn right on Roberts Road.
Then turn right on Parker Road.
Immediately turn left into the campsite (Valleyview Area), look for the
windmill.

Add photos to your messages with MSN 8. [2] Get 2 months FREE*.