[Ansteorra-announce] Step One of the Final Gate Assembly Has Been Completed

Brian & Pam Martin twinoak at cox-internet.com
Sun Jan 26 15:21:53 PST 2003

Greetings All,

I am quite pleased to announce that step one of the final assembly of the Ansteorran Gulf War Gate has been completed! This past weekend, seven good folk traveled to the Gulf War site and installed the tower bases and door frame stand. This involved sinking 18 holes for the bases and digging a 15 foot trench for the frame stand. The bases were then moved into place, bolted to their supports, nine 4X4 posts per base, leveled and set into the ground with concrete. The frame stand, a large metal H-frame 16 feet in length was placed into the trench that was dug between the two bases and set in concrete at the ends.

The bases - each of which weighs approximately 1,000 pounds - were built by the Barony of Bordermarch. The stand -  I have no idea how much it weighs but it was heavy! - was built by the Shire of Rosenfeld. Four thousand pounds of concrete was used to anchor the bases and frame.

The work crew consisted of :
Baron Fritz & Lord Borik of The Steppes
HL Duncan & Baron Pendaran of Bryn Gwlad
Stephan von Acher (who recently attended only his third event) of Bjornsborg
Lord Tucker and Tucker's son Michael (I apologize for not having Michael's SCA name) Rosenfeld (?)

Many thanks to all who came and worked, most particularly to the architect and foreman, HE Master Fritz who has done a spectacular job designing and leading the building , and many thanks to the countless Ansteorrans who have donated time and money to build and fund this remarkable gate!

Baron Fritz will be leading another work party to the site on the weekend of  Feb 14-16 for the final assembly of the gate. Fritz will need a larger crew this time, as many as 15 people. If you're able to go, please contact Baron Fritz and let him know. You won't believe how grand this gate will be until you see it.

On to Trimaris!
Pendaran