[Ansteorra-announce] Ansteorran Rose Rapier Tourney at Gulf War

Lisa A. May maaggie3 at attbi.com
Tue Jan 28 17:13:14 PST 2003

Greetings to all from the Order of the Rose in Ansteorra!

The Ansteorran Order of the Rose invites your participation in its annual
Rose Rapier Tourney held every year at Gulf War.  This year's tourney will
be held on Saturday morning, beginning promptly at 9:00AM.  The rules for
the Ansteorran Rose Rapier Tourney at Gulf War will be as follows:

1.  Each Rose may sponsor two fighters.  If the Rose chooses to sponsor two
fighters, only one of those fighters may be a White Scarf (or Kingdom
equivalent).  At least one must be a fighter who has not been recognized
with their Kingdom's premiere rapier award.  The Rose may choose to sponsor
two non-scarved fighters.

2.  The sponsoring Rose need not be present at the tourney for the fighters
to enter.  However, we must have her written introduction of the fighter for
him/her to enter the list.  Please ladies and gentlemen - a scribbled note
on a torn off piece of notepaper is not appropriate!  While it need not be
calligraphy on parchment or anything so extreme, some thought should go into
your introduction.

3.  The tournament will be single elimination, fighters' choice of weapons.
Depending on the number of entrants, we may shotgun the first round or two,
but the tournament will be fought on separate list fields by no later than
the third round.

4.  Dead is dead.  If you double kill, then you both failed to parry and
will not advance.  Practice is recommended! <smile>

5.  The Order of the White Scarf of Ansteorra has agreed to marshal the
lists for us this year (but I'm sure they would happily accept volunteers to
help!).

Traditionally, the Rose Rapier Tourney is scheduled for Friday morning of
Gulf War, which in the past has not conflicted with any of the melee war
points. Because of the overwhelming response to our Tourney last year, we
had to "shotgun" all of the rounds, which we heartily dislike because it is
so difficult for us to truly watch those fighters who are representing us on
the field. In order to help solve this problem, the Kingdom of Ansteorra
generously "donated" its rapier tournament's time-slot to enable us to
combine the tournaments into one Premiere Rapier Tourney.  Unfortunately,
this year's Gulf War autocrat has significantly changed the schedule for
various battles and has moved the Rose Rapier Tourney to Saturday morning at
9:00 to make room for other activities on Friday.  The heavy Fort Battle
begins at 11:00 on Saturday, so please be advised that because of these
scheduling changes, the Rose Rapier Tourney WILL NOW CONFLICT with the heavy
fort battle, which is a war point.  We apologize for any inconvenience this
may cause, but be assured that we intend to make the experience of
participating in our Tourney this year truly glorious!

The Ansteorran Order of the Rose enjoys hosting our sister Roses each year
at Gulf War and is proud to sponsor a tournament that enjoys the fierce
competition of rapier fighters from all over the Knowne World. We look
forward eagerly to your brave displays of chivalry and prowess!  And we
sincerely hope you all know how much we appreciate your participation and
how much you increase our enjoyment of this game we play.  See you at Gulf
War!

The Ansteorran Order of the Rose

Please feel free to cross-post this invitation to any other lists that may
find it of interest!