[Ansteorra-announce] Westgate Winter Collegium, Aug. 9

Maureen Faulkner ladydaungerous at yahoo.com
Mon Jul 28 07:25:21 PDT 2003

Attention People of Ansteorra!
The Canton of Westgate is hosting the seasonally
challenged Westgate Winter Collegium on August 9,
2003. The event is a day of classes in a cool,
air-conditioned hall. Two tracks are dedicated to
bardic classes in honor of our championship
competition and one is a general track of
interest to everyone. General classes will
include seneschal and treasurer classes.

The Canton of Westgate will be selecting its
single champion, the first since the canton
emerged from incipiency. This year the
competition will be bardic, administered by
Master Ihon Vinson macFergus. To enter, please
sign up at the gate!

Site fee includes a lunch sideboard. During
lunch, Stargate bardic champion Lord Snorri
Hallsson will host a bardic roundtable. To
suggest topics for discussion, please e-mail
Snorri at snorri at Houston.rr.com.

In the evening, attend a bardic circle with some
of the most gifted bards in the kingdom.
Get out of the heat of summer and into cool
comfort with Westgate Winter Collegium. Pennsic
Pity Party, educational experience, and just
plain fun ... Oh, and snow cones. Did we mention
snow cones?

Feast will be yummy too: Breads and butters,
roasted pork loin, beef bourguignon, green
vegetables in season, and peach pies. For
reservations, e-mail Kemma Delamare at
smithfamily at paxway.com.
For more, visit our Web site at
http://stargate.ansteorra.org/wwc2003/.

Come to our event: You know you want to!

Maureen Faulkner
Event Steward
Westgate Winter Collegium