[Ansteorra-announce] Upgrade of Mailman...

Pug Bainter pug at pug.net
Wed Jun 18 18:39:16 PDT 2003

Good Morning,

  In the last 24 hours the Mailman software was upgraded to version
  2.1.2 with the following features:

- Enhanced user interface:
  - Ability to change your mailing list options including:
    - Update email address
    - Update password
    - Update options for *all* mailing lists from a single webpage
  - Multi-language support

- Enchanged list admin interface:
  - Enhanced anti-spam measures per list
  - Ability to ban users from posting or subscribing
  - Ability to allow non-subscriber (alternate) email addresses to post

- Enchanced archival interface:
  - HT://Dig integration for searching of mailing lists
  - Improved handling of file attachments

- SpamAssassin integration

  Unfortunately to take advantage of the mailing list search capabilities,
  all of the mailing list archives have to be re-generated. This process
  takes a long time and has not completed yet. It is through about half
  of the mailing lists at this time.

Ciao,

--
Phelim "Pug" Gervase   |  "And I ain't in it for the power
Bryn Gwlad - Ansteorra |   And I ain't in it for my health