[Ansteorra-announce] Bjornsborg's Spring Event

Carolle Ternus cternus at texas.net
Mon Mar 17 18:31:56 PST 2003

Greetings Ansteorra,

If you don't have your March Black Star, then you haven't seen our 2 page event announcement.  Let me sum up:

  a.. April 4-6, 2003, the first weekend in April
  b.. Progressive melees for heavy weapons fighting in the morning. Remember, the more the merrier
  c.. Progressive melees for light weapons fighting in the afternoon. Ditto above.
  d.. Fun scenarios for both heavy and light
  e.. Judged static A&S competition, the theme is religious art (since I didn't specify, it can be any religion)
  f.. Performance competition (format still in discussion), the theme is religious stories or songs (ditto on any religion.)
  g.. Knife, Ax and Spear Throwing
  h.. Shrines and pilgrims' badges and tokens, and of course, pilgrims
  i.. Lots of authentic, gen-u-wine relics
  j.. Prophetic chickens
  k.. Ansteorran Longship Company's world famous breakfast on Sunday
  l.. Spiffy prizes for the captains of the winning melee teams and for the static and performing A&S
  m.. A real, consecrated chapel
  n.. A mystery contest
  o.. An inexpensive, yummy dinner.
  p.. The beautiful countryside of Lake Medina
  q.. More fun than you can shake a stick at.  Come on, I dare ya.

Site fees
Adults = $10
Ages 7 to 17 = $6
Ages 6 and under = free

Feast fees
Over 12 years old = $5
12 and under = $3

Send prepaid feast reservations to the Event Steward (that's me) at
Carolle Ternus
103 Salisbury Drive
San Antonio, TX 78217

With Gulf War recovery going on, our website might be slightly out of date.  If so, it will catch up quickly.  Check at http://cternus.home.texas.net

Come on, you know you want to go.

Thank you,
Radegundis Turonensis
(Radegund of Tours)
Event Steward for Pilgrimage to St. Adalbert's