[Ansteorra-announce] Glaslyn's Defender of the Flame Event Announcement

Melinda Turnage ceinwenswan at hotmail.com
Thu Mar 20 05:48:05 PST 2003

Glaslyn’s Defender of the Flame
March 28-30, 2003
LBJ National Grasslands
Alvord, Texas

     Does your honor come from the strength of your arm or the
strength of your heart?  We seek strong heroes to defend our Canton.
  How many foemen can you withstand?  Come enjoy our Hero’s
Tournament and see how many you can fight at once.
   The populace of Glaslyn wishes to invite all to attend their
Defender of the Flame event to take place on March 28-30 at the LBJ
National Grasslands in Alvord, Texas.  Site opens Friday at 5:00
p.m. and closes Noon Sunday.
     Chivalric, Rapier & Archery Defender of the Flame will fight
for the title in addition to the Keepers of the Flame to be chosen
by the ladies of Glaslyn.  Siege weapon showing will also take
place.
     $8 for adults, $5 for children ages 6-12 and children 5 years
old and under are free with a family max of $24.  A surcharge of $3
will be added for adult non-members.  Checks to be made out to SCA,
Inc./Canton of Glaslyn.
     Minors must be accompanied by a parent or legal guardian.  They
may also attend with a 21 year or older adult with a signed and
notarized Minor Event Waiver Form from the parents.  Pets are not
allowed.  Site is primitive, bring your own water.  Site is wet in
period containers.  If you have any questions or have special needs,
feel free to contact the event steward.

Steward
Master Airaklee Wolf
mka: Doug Turnage
2619 Robinwood Lane
Denton, TX 76209
Email: Wolf7777777 at hotmail.com
Phone: 940-243-9912

Directions to Site:
Take your best route to Hwy 287 and proceed to Alvord, Tx.
Go to Business 287, then head east on Farm Road. 1655.
Next turn right on Roberts Road.
Then turn right on Parker Road.
Immediately turn left into the campsite (Valleyview Area), look for
the windmill.
Event Schedule

Friday
5:00 p.m.  Site & Gate Opens