[Ansteorra-announce] Barbarian Springfaire's Costume Contests

Lisa Duke arabella at elfsea.net
Thu Mar 20 19:14:56 PST 2003

Greetings Lisalotte,
What a great question!!  We're doing something that hasn't been done in a
while.  This should be a fun event and open to interpretation and you should
let your imagination do the walking.

But remember this is a Family Show.

Oldest wearable garb could be oldest in SCA time ie when you started
and/or/both
pre-period ie Samarian, Minoan, Mayan, Grecian, Babylonian, Assyrian,
Egyptian, Caveman etc.....

Remember this is a Family Show.

Best Barbarian is anything other than Roman. To the Romans everyone was a
barbarian.

Remember this is a family Show.

The judges are waiting to see what shows up. If you are interested in
entering the Costume Contests see HL Fearghus McKenna on site and he'll add
you to the list.

Any other Questions?
HL Arabella

Lisalotte said********
Greetings!

I have a question about the garb competition.
Does the garb have to be in "SCA Period" Proper?
I was thinking about something either Sumarian or
Minoan.

Yours,

Liz Griffith
Lisalotte of Bryn Gwlad