[Ansteorra-announce] University of Oklahoma Medieval Fair in NAMRON

Annais de Montgomerie annais at cox.net
Sun Mar 23 22:20:06 PST 2003

Greetings to Ansteorra,

The University of Oklahoma presents its annual Medieval Fair April 4-6 at Reeve's Park in Norman, OK.  Directions to Reeve's Park are available at http://www.occe.ou.edu/medievalfair/grounds.html

What does this mean to any of you/us?

THE NORTHERN REGION NEEDS YOUR HELP AT ITS LARGEST DEMO!

While most of the essentials have been taken care of, we still have need for various duties as follows:

Chivalric Combatants
Rapier Combatants
Dancers
Water bearers
Information giver-outers (for lack of better term)
Marshalls
Artisans and their art work (A&S tent will be manned and supervised)
Pavillions
People to help set up and tear down
People to talk to the public
People to display their best medieval stuff and personas!!!

Parking passes are EXTREMELY limited this year.  However, ample free parking is available at the Lloyd Noble Center, a mere 3 blocks away.

Fair times are Friday and Saturday 8-8 pm, and Sunday 9-7 pm.  Don't forget--the time changes on Sunday morning!

Namron is hosting a revel Saturday night at Buzz's Sub Shop!  It is located on 24th Ave SW and Lindsey.. for better directions check the Namron website at http://namron.ansteorra.org

Namron will host a hospitality tent for those SCA people working Our Demo at Med Fair.  Drinks and light refreshments will be available.  This includes coffee!!!!!!

If you need crash space, contact me with a list of your needs, i.e. allergies, smoking preferences, etc.  I will do my best to accomodate your needs.

*********PLEASE REMEMBER: THIS IS A PUBLIC DEMO*******

75 to 80,000 people attend this Medieval Fair.

Although we have an excellent location this year, there is absolutely NO available space for storage of personal and/or mundane items.

There will be NO place to store your personal belongings.

Parents-you will be responsible for your children.  There will be NO organized child care this year.

Looking forward to seeing you there!!!!

Thank you in advance for all your help!!!

Lady Annais de Montgomerie
Medieval Fair Liason