[Ansteorra-announce] Stefan's files for November

Stefan li Rous StefanliRous at austin.rr.com
Thu Nov 6 19:27:30 PST 2003

Greetings,

Here is a copy of my Florilegium article for November, describing what
is new in the Florilegium this month.

If you are the editor of an SCA publication and would like to get a
copy of this monthly article several weeks ahead of when it gets posted
to the mail lists, so that you have time to meet your publication
deadlines, please contact me. Or if you run a website and would like to
get on my list to get the web version of this article, then contact me.

As mentioned last month, I am always looking for good articles to add
to the Florilegium as well as volunteers to forward new material to me,
edit message files and articles and work on the website.

Stefan

--------
A Blending of the Past and Present

Over the past thirteen years in an ongoing effort, I have been
collecting
bits of useful information from various newsgroups, mail lists and
articles submitted to me by their authors. In order to make this
information available to others, I have placed this information in
a series of files I call Stefan's Florilegium.

In April I had my harddisk distroy itself. Things are almost back to
normal, however the formatting of the new and updated files is still a
bit rough. Please bear with me while I get the specialized reformatting
programs required for a cleaner output rewritten.

If you have sent me an article for the Florilegium and have not seen it
appear on the website, could you please send a copy to me again, for
alas,
I may have now lost it.

I am always interested in new articles. Especially now. :-) If you have
written an article that would be of interest to others in the SCA,
please
send it to me for possible inclusion in the Florilegium. Contact me for
more details.

I am also interested in volunteers who might be interested in helping
me maintain the Florilegium. Everything from collecting materials,
editing and web work is needed. Again, please contact me for more
details.

      THLord Stefan li Rous   Ansteorra    stefan at florilegium.org

Here are the new files for this month:
Under CULTURES:
    Medeval-Paris-lnks   Web links to info on medieval Paris
                            by Dame Aoife Finn of Ynos Mon.
    Scotland-lnks        Web links to medieval Scotland
                            by Dame Aoife Finn of Ynos Mon.
Under FEASTS:
    Just-a-Feast-art     An event based around a feast by Lady Katherine
Rowberd
Under FOOD:
    almond-cream-msg     A sweet custard filling used in sotelties.
Under FOOD-BY-REGION:
    fd-Caribbean-msg     Food of the Caribbean in the 16th Century.
FOOD-BREADS-GRAINS:
    jumbels-msg          Knotted twists of dough similar to pretzels.
    oakcakes-msg         Period oatcakes.

And this month’s updated files include:
    LivHist-msg          Living History groups
---
Copyright 2003, Mark S. Harris.
Permission to reprint in SCA-related publications is hereby granted if
the contents are left unchanged and the author is notified of the
publication. Notification may be by email and reformatting is allowed.

<end>
--------
    Mark S. Harris           Austin, Texas
StefanliRous at austin.rr.com