[Ansteorra-announce] Event Announcement - Stargate Yule

Coastal Regional Scribe coastal_scribe at ansteorra.org
Tue Oct 21 07:51:36 PDT 2003

Please website at http://www.clancircle.com/yule/

Their Sentinel Excellencies
Invite all to join them in Yuletide Revelry
Stargate Yule -
December 13, 2003

Location is Christ Memorial Lutheran Church
14200 Memorial Dr.  Houston, Texas 77079

It is the Yuletide season, and the word about is that our Noble French friends
will be joining in our Yule festivities. Bring your finest, out and join us as
we celebrate. Please bring a unwrapped toy for our annual toy drive.

Their Excellencies Godwin & Lissa will be choosing their Baronial Champions
for A & S, Bardic, and Youth A & S. In honor of our French guests, there will
be a table decorating & costume contest.

A & S Baronial Championship: Body of work to be displayed.  Documentation is
required for a single piece to be judged.  Additional documentation recommended
in the event of a tie.  Piece being judged must not have been presented in a
previous Stargate A&S competition.  Letters of intent need to be sent to HL Asa
Hrafnasdottir (hrafnasdot at aol.com) Set-up begins at 10am.  Judging from 11am-
2pm.

Bardic Baronial Championship: Competitors must submit a letter of intent to
Their Sentinel Excellencies.  Competition will consist of three pieces in at
least two differing disciplines, with consideration given to historical pieces
from late-period Italy and France, original pieces of Stargate or Ansteorran
history, and all pieces with written documentation.  Populace is invited to
select their favorite piece, with largess to be presented to the single most
populare piece and to the single best written documentation.  A raffle will be
held among the voting populace for largess as well. Lord Snorri Hallsson
(snorri at houston.rr.com)

Youth A & S Champion: For our first Youth (6yo-16yo) A & S Champion, the piece
needs to be an original piece; documentation is nice but not needed. Letters of
intent can be sent to the Event Steward Lady Lisabetta
(lisabetta at houston.rr.com)

Table Decorating Contest:  Signora Mea Guiliana (ldy_passavanti at ev1.net)

Costume Contest: Lady Klare metten Katten (natalie_caldwell at hotmail.com)

Feast: First remove: Bread, butter, and dipping sauces, Stuffed Mushrooms,
Rosemary Chicken, Salad.
Second remove: Roast Pork with raspberry-ginger sauce, Rice, Roasted
vegetables. Third remove: Assorted sweets

Event Steward
Lady Lisabetta Micola da Monte (Kimberly Wells)
lisabetta at houston.rr.com
888-256-2866 pin 4497
P.o. Box 2265
League City, TX 77574

Feast Steward
Baron William of Welewen (Bill Butler)
Chemistbb3 at yahoo.com
281-482-1077

Merchant Coordinator
Mistress Hillary Greenslade
hillaryrg at yahoo.com
281-855-9447

Pre-Paid Reservations
Lady Serin Le Rapp Scheurer
stargateyule at yahoo.com
Please contact her for the mailing address or see the November Blackstar

Site opens at 10am and closes at 10pm.  The site is wet in period containers.
Site fee: $9.00 ($27.00 family max; Children 5-12: $4.00)
Feast fee: $6.00 prepaid; $8.00 at gate; Children 5-12: $3.00)
NMS: An Additional $3.00 if you do not have current proof of membership

Directions: In Houston, make your best way to I-10 and Kirkwood.  Turn South on
Kirkwood to Memorial.  Turn right onto Memorial.  Go past Bateswood Dr. on the
right and Rancho Bauer Dr. on the left and the site will be on the right. just
past Rancho Bauer. 14200 Memorial Dr.  Houston, Texas 77079

NO Phone calls after 9 pm for all coordinators. Thank you
For further information, visit http://stargate.ansteorra.org

Please make checks payable to: SCA, Inc., Barony of the Stargate.  A parent or
legal guardian must accompany all minors.  They may also attend with a 21-year-
old or older adult with a signed and notarized Minor Event Waiver Form from the
parents.  Pets are not permitted.