[Ansteorra-announce] Bryn Gwlad children's gift exchange

Coblaith Mhuimhneach Coblaith at Texas.net
Tue Oct 14 01:10:27 PDT 2003

The annual Yule revel of the Barony of Bryn Gwlad will be held on Saturday, December 8.  A children's gift exchange is scheduled to take place there at 4:00 p.m.

If you'd like your children to take part, please provide to me in person, via e-mail, or through the sign-up sheet on the Bryn Gwlad Ministry of Children website <http://bryn-gwlad.ansteorra.org/children> the name, age, and sex of each, no later than OCTOBER 31.  You will receive information on the children yours will be gifting during the first week of November, which will give you one full month before the event to find or create their presents.

There is an upper spending limit of $10 per gift.

I'd like to strongly encourage you to make or purchase items compatible with the atmosphere of the revel, and to likewise package them in period-appropriate ways. (Use a simple fabric bag, small basket, or wooden "craft box" instead of shiny wrapping paper--it'll make all the difference, and for little or no extra expense.)  We want the exchange to be part of the event, not just to take place in the middle of it.

By the way, you can access quite a bit of information on medieval playthings and pastimes--instructions for some inexpensive and easy-to-make toys among it--through the "making the SCA fun for your child" section of our site.

Coblaith Mhuimhneach
Minister of Children
Barony of Bryn Gwlad
<mailto:Coblaith at Texas.net>