[Ansteorra-announce] Waterbearing @ GW XIII

IagoAH at aol.com IagoAH at aol.com
Wed Jan 14 14:25:05 PST 2004

This comes to me from the water bearer in charge for Gulf Wars 13

Since it's about rapier stuff It strikes me as important. (Imagine that!)
Iago

"Unto the Rapier Communities doth Lady Finna Halfdansdottir, Kingdom
Waterbearer of Meridies and Waterbearer-in-Charge GW XIII send warmest
greetings!

My Lords and Ladies,

I would like to welcome you to the upcoming rapier activities of Gulf Wars
XIII.  As always, I will strive to provide you with the best waterbearing
services possible!  To this end, I would like to ask for your help.

It is an odd phenomenon that I am faced with regarding waterbearing and the
rapier community.  Unfortunately, I am always lacking in volunteers to
waterbear for rapier and I can not begin to understand why.

Perhaps the populace believes you are well able to take care of yourselves?
Perhaps the populace gives rapier fighters credit for knowing when to stop
and
water themselves?  Whatever the thought process, when given the choice, the
volunteers invariably choose heavy weapons over rapier.

I would ask that you, the fighters, help with this endeavor by encouraging
your friends and families to volunteer to waterbear for rapier.  It is my
hope
that we can encourage the spectators of your sport to assist you in that
manner.   If you would all be so kind as to pass along this request to
everyone you know that is even remotely involved in rapier I believe that we
will have plenty of volunteers.

It stands to reason that the people who volunteer to waterbear the heavy
weapons battles enjoy watching the heavy weapons fighting.  Perhaps if we can

encourage the same from the rapier spectators we can stem this lack of
volunteers and ensure that the rapier fighters are always well hydrated!

As WbiC for GW XII and now GW XIII, it is and will always be my goal to
provide the same supplies and services to the rapier fighters as the heavy
weapons fighters.  You should expect no less!

I appreciate your time and patience in this matter.  For any inquiries please

do not hesitate to contact me at:   water at meridies.org"

Yours in Service,
Lady Finna Halfdansdottir