[Ansteorra-announce] Words of Praise for The Merry Wives of Windsor

Adam Seymour Adam_Seymour at thebaronsmen.org
Mon May 3 17:48:59 PDT 2004

Greetings Ansteorra,

Yea though the heavens did open and pour this weekend past, it did not deter
that stalwart band of players, The Baron's Men. Nobly ignoring the foul
weather, bravely didsn't we forge ahead to built the stately Aster Theater
and stage William Shakespeare's lively comedy "The Merry Wives of Windsor"!
And behold these glowing reports from two of the hearty souls who braved the
weather to see the show:

"...I urge you, at all costs GO SEE "THE MERRY WIVES OF WINDSOR"!!!! The
whole play was very well done, all parts were excellently played, the
musicians were wonderful, but you simply MUST see Hanse in the role of
Falstaff. I laughed so hard I think I blacked out a couple of times. It
hardly seems possible, but each act was better than the one before, and just
when you imagined the play could not be any funnier, or that Falstaff
couldn't possibly suffer any greater indignities (or that you could laugh any
harder), the cast -- and especially Falstaff -- exceed themselves again.

Please don't miss your last chance to see this performance. It's a
wonderful romp, and Hanse' performance as Falstaff is one of those things
people will be talking about for years to come."

 - Baroness Mari ferch Ratheon, Mistress of the Laurel

"As evening gave birth, the rain retreated, the wind surrendered, and the
stars peeked around the clouds and over the pines.   Musicians began to
play and a magical performance began.  The actors were full of energy, and
the audience was quickly pulled into a whimsical world. Even the stage hands
were very entertaining!

I would like to praise all those who made this experience possible: the
entire cast and crew of the Baron's Men, the splendid musicians whose voices
and instruments lifted our hearts, and the good patrons of this fine
company." - Baron Thomas of Tenby, Master of the Laurel

All of The Baron's Men thank Mistress Mari and Master Thomas for thier kind
words as well we thank all who stayed despite the chill and the wet to see
our play. We invite thee one and all to Loch Guardian on May 15th were we
will perform this delightful comedy for the last time.

I remain,
A. Seymour
Proprietor of The Aster Theatre

P.S. And for clarity's sake, when I say that *we* forged ahead with the
construction and the play and so forth, I mean in the greater since of the
group. I was, well, detained when my cart became stuck in a muddy track on
the way to the tournament and was then set upon by brigands who did make to
affix me to a tree. Only by my agile dexterity and grace of wit did I
survive!