[Ansteorra-announce] Mendersham Defender

Ld Byron chance at camalott.com
Tue May 4 19:08:34 PDT 2004

The event didn't get in the May Blackstar, so I am reposting this. Have put in some new info.  Byron

This year Mendersham Defender will be held at Hords Creek on May 14-16. This is an Army Corp. of Engineers Lake. The main gate will be locked at 10PM. Will have a pickup at gate until midnight to get late arrivials - tent, and person to site. Your vehicle will have to be parked outside of gate until the next morning at 6AM. We will be in group area 1. This is also the site for Gothic Wars. Will be on site at 3PM, Troll will open at 4PM, hopefully. Here are some sites if you wish to visit them for a look at the site. Hope to see you there.        Byron - autocrate
      230 Friendship Park Road Coleman, Texas 76834 (915)625-2322

First a terra view.
http://terraserver.microsoft.com/image.aspx?t=1&s=13&x=278&y=2201&z=14&w=1
Army Corp. Page
http://swf67.swf-wc.usace.army.mil/hords/
Texas Parks and Wildlife
http://www.tpwd.state.tx.us/fish/infish/lakes/hords/lake_id.htm

I have tried 5 of the driving directioins sites and none can find Hords Creek, and yes, I tried the address on the engineers site. It is ~7 miles west of Coleman, Texas on 153. 153 going out Coleman goes up a large hill at the edge of town. No hill - you are on the wrong road. >From the west Winters, Texas. I have not driven to the site from this direction,sorry. There is a large sign on the south of 153 on the road to the main gate.

http://www.geocities.com/Area51/Realm/9469/event/     event web site
I  am trying to set up a youth boffer for defender, but plans are still being made.   Byron