[Ansteorra-announce] "Knight Free" Night Tourney

richard hall arkellvomcophus at yahoo.com
Wed May 12 13:48:24 PDT 2004

Unto all Unbelted (no Knights allowed this time) Chivalric Fighters,

We of the Chirurgeonate & Water-Bearers Guild of the Stellar Kingdom of Ansteorra are holding our 1st Chirurgeon & Water-Bearers Champion List at our Kingdom's glorious Argent Anniversary on the evening of Thursday the 8th of July A.S. XXVIII (2004).

It is to be a torch light tourney starting at 9pm.
Rules are as follows:
1) Unbelted (no Knights)

2) Single elimination

3) Shield + any weapon other than swords (no swords)

4) Fighters must be sponsored by a chirurgeon or water-bearer & have a favor from that chirurgeon or water-bearer.

5) The sponssponsoringurgeon or water-bearer must pay an entry fee for the fighter in the form of one item of largess to the list mistress.

6)one fighter per chirurgeon or water-bearer (and no you can not sposponsoro fighters if you are both a chirurgeon & water-bearer).

7) SpSponsoringhirurgeon or water-bearer need not be present for their fighter to enter. the chirurgeon or water-bearer just needs to send a letter of sponsorship along with the favor & entry fee to the event.

So fighter start looking for a sponsor and chirurgeons & water-bearers start looking for a fighter to sponsor!!

And lets have a good time!

Feel free to forward this any SCA lists you maybe on.

In Service always, to the
Chirurgeonate, Kingdom, & the Dream,

Herr Arkell vom Cophus
Kingdom Chirurgeon