[Ansteorra-announce] Attention *ALL* Groups in the Kingdom

D. Vandever hlannes at ev1.net
Tue May 25 17:44:34 PDT 2004

Greetings Ansteorra!

Master Richard and HL Arabella have pretty much turned me loose on coordinating the historical display at AAA. (Oh, the power!) I would like to have as many groups and their history represented as possible. Here's what I would like from you.

If you have a historian for your group, great!!! Please have them contact me at hlannes at ev1.net privately.

If you don't have an official historian for your group but think you have something you'd like to display for your group, please have your seneschal contact me at hlannes at ev1.net privately.

Contacting me so I can expect your display is *very important*. If you don't contact me, I can't guarantee  there will be room for you if you just show up with items to display.

Also, be aware that there is limited space available so please limit your group's historical display to no more than 5 items. (Pick your best and most interesting) These can be artifacts (i.e. the original coronets of the first baron and baroness of Stargate), banners (the arms of Don Giovanni), newsletters (Fyrampteweald's "Anthill Times"), photo albums (please be sure that these are suitable for viewing by all age groups), old weapons (i.e. Sir Ricardo's sword or a freon helm) or other items of historical significance to your group. If you bring your group's first working trebucet, we might have to set it up outside the hall. And while I absolutely LOVE our equestrians, please, I don't think the hall owners would want us to display your horses. :-)

To increase the pleasure of the viewing populace and to be sure all your items of precious history are returned to the proper persons, each item should have a 3 x 5 or 4 x 6 index card with the following information:

1. The name of the group the item belongs to.

2. A brief discription of what we are looking at. "Brief" is a relative term. "Bjornsborg Freon Helm" is brief. But "Bjornsborg Freon Helm, circa 1978. Worn by Sir Emrys in his first tournament" might be more interesting and certainly more informative but is still brief.

3. On the back of the card, who brought the item, both SCA name and mundane, and where you are camping or staying for AAA. Phone number (cell or home), email addy and snail mail address also. If you run off and leave it with me, I need to be able to find you.

4. If you don't want this information on the back of the card, please give me a card with that information and what you have brought at the time you bring your display to the hall.

The hours of operation for the display are still pending. I will be posting that information a bit closer to the event.

I intend to have chairs set up so that people can peruse any reading material at their leisure. I will also have items like pens, index cards, tape etc. available if you left yours sitting on the kitchen table when you came to the event.

That's all I can think of for now. I hope to be hearing from each and every one of you very soon!  Until then, I remain...

In Service,
HL Annes Clotilde von Bamburg
AAA History Coordinator

PS. I will be at Steppes Warlord this weekend if you would like to talk with me there. You will most likely find me somewhere in or about the hall.

Dear God,  Help me to be the person
my dog thinks I am.  Amen