[Ansteorra-announce] Emerald Keep tourney

Travis Walker twalker4 at hot.rr.com
Tue Oct 19 06:35:54 PDT 2004

Don Edward Mercer sends greetings from the Shire of Emerald Keep.  I
wish to personally invite you all, and request that you share this with
your populace.

On Saturday October 23rd, Emerald Keep (Waco) will choose it's new
champions.

We invite everyone to come join us as we celebrate champions in Rapier,
Heavy weapons, Archery, A&S, and Bardic.  As this a non-camping event,
all activities have been lined out to allow everyone ample travel time.

Site opens at 6am. Site fee is $10 for adults, $5 for children 6-12, and
under 6 free. A light sideboard will be included in your site fee.
(Non-member surcharge ($3) will be applied to adults who do not have
current membership)

Activities will begin with heavy armour inspection at 9:30, tourney to
follow at 10:00

A&S set up will be at 10:00 Judging will be at 11:00.  The theme is "The
Hunt", documentation is requested, but not required.

Rapier armour inspection will be at 12:30, tourney to follow at 1:00
Rapier three man melee tourney will begin about 15 minutes after the
conclusion of the champion list.  Bring your own team, or form one on site.

There  will be children's activities (ages 4-12) from 1-3 pm.  (Children
will be working with paint, please have them dress accordingly.)

There will be a ladies domestic tourney (details to follow, come
prepared to laugh at all mankind) will begin at 3pm.

A sideboard (included in site fee) will be set out from 4-6.
Bardic will be between 4:30 and 5:30 to allow all of those partaking of
the sideboard to enjoy our wonderful bards.

There will be a short court at about 5:30.

We will have a gaming revel from 6-8pm.  Enjoy gaming and camaraderie
with friends, and try to win a prize.

Site closes at 10pm.

We have a full day planned with activities for everyone.  We hope all
will come and enjoy and help us celebrate the selection of our champions.

In service,
Don Edward Mercer
Queen's Champion for HRM Sibri de Aldebourne