[Ansteorra-announce] Fw: Arts & Sciences competition rules for Estrella War XXI

Anita Challis anitachallis at cox.net
Thu Oct 21 19:15:05 PDT 2004

----- Original Message -----
From: Anita Challis
To: Aten List ; List Artemisia ; list Caid ; list Outlands
Sent: Thursday, October 21, 2004 7:13 PM
Subject: Arts & Sciences competition rules for Estrella War XXI

The Ministers of Arts and Sciences of Atenveldt Artimesia, Caid and The Outlands send the artisans of the Known World greetings and welcome to the Arts and Sciences Competition for Estrella War XXI.

The three categories chosen for Estrella War XXI are:

A. European Dance: Defined as any dance (Court or Country) that is specific to Europe within the scope of our time period of study (Pre_17th century).

B. Period Storage Devices (Excluding Pouches): Defined as a single device to store item/s within the scope of our time period of study (Pre_17th century).

C. Archery Equipment: Defined as a single item that was used as Archery Equipment within the scope of our time period of study (Pre_17th century

SCHEDULE OF ESTRELLA WAR ARTS AND SCIENCES COMPETITION

Saturday 2/12/05, Location: Grand Court Pavilion

8am -- 11am Registration

(All judges check in by 10:45am)

11am -- 12pm Populace viewing for static arts

12:00pm Judging will commence

(Populace will be allowed to view Dance entries depending on space )

4:00pm (approx) End judging

4pm -- 6pm Populace viewing for static arts

6:00pm Deadline for artisans to collect entries Items may not be left in pavilion overnight

Grand Court A&S competition winner announced

Rules and Regulations for the Competition are available at http://www.estrellawar.org/files/EWXXIAppendixA.pdf

The two Principal Kingdoms of the Allied Realm 1 are Atenveldt and Caid. The two Principal Kingdoms of the Allied Realm 2: are Artimesia and The Outlands

The three categories chosen at Treaty Negotiations for Estrella War 2006

Armored Articulated Gauntlets

Metheglin (herb based only)

A single page with Illumination and Calligraphy (Such as a scroll or page from a book)

Descriptions for the categories for 2006 will be decided at Treaty Negotiations 2005

If you have any questions are concerns please contact me.

THL Eden Blacksmith

atenarts at yahoo.com

Autocrat Arts and Sciences Competition for Estrella War XXI

Atenveldt Kingdom Minister of Arts and Sciences

Estrella War Web Site: http://www.estrellawar.org