[Ansteorra-announce] BG25th Chivalric

Sean Gulick sean at utig.ig.utexas.edu
Mon Oct 11 11:37:30 PDT 2004

To All Man-at-arms, Squires, Knights and Warriors of all ranks and
ability under the light of the Sable Star does Sir Gideon MacLeod send
greetings!

I write this missive to the message post to remind any and all warriors
who wish to compete for the honor of becoming Bryn Gwlad's next
chivalric champion that the deadline for  Letters of  Intent is drawing
near. His Excellency, Master Thomas, the Baron of Bryn Gwlad has
requested that all who wish to compete for this honored title to submit
to him a  Letter of   Intent by October 14th.

To add further enticement for those who may consider journeying to our
fair lands to compete on the field of honor, this years tournament, the
Field of Cloth of Silver, is none other than the Barony of Bryn Gwlad's
Argent Anniversary. The tournament will start with a grand precession
to show off our quality of arms and strength of intent. All chivalric
competitors will be asked to adorn their helms with crests as befitting
their station and in order to properly represent their house. Following
the precession the first stage of the tournament will be counted blows
at the barrier; the winner of which will be our first victor for the
day. Following the barrier fights will be a Grand Melee' whereupon the
single lord or lady who remains standing undefeated upon the field will
be our second victor. Lastly, we will hold a melee that shall gather in
size and fervor with each passing round much like a snowball picks up
size rolling down the slopes on a winter's day near my home in the
Highlands. This melee shall start on the tournament field but be
finished with a battle over possession of Castle Garriott. The captain
who leads the winning team shall be the third victor of the day and the
Argent Anniversary chivalric champion will be recognized from among our
three victors based on comportment and honor on the field.

Letters of intent to join in any or all of these feats of arms may be
sent to:
 The Barony of Bryn Gwlad
 PO Box 141834
Austin, TX  78714-1834
Or to: gemartt at mail.utexas.edu

More information about Bryn Gwlad's Tournament of the Cloth of Silver
and about the chivalric competition may be found here:
http://bg25.swordworks.org/

I look forward to hearing the ring  of  blows upon helms on the shores
of the river in our fair  Barony. Until then, fight well and with
honor!

In service to  Baron and  King,
Gideon

Dr. Sean P.S. Gulick, Research Associate
University of Texas, Institute for Geophysics,
Jackson School of Geosciences
4412 Spicewood Springs Rd Bldg 600
Austin, Texas 78759
Phone: 512-471-0483