[Ansteorra-announce] Iron Chef Competition at Seawind's Defender

Patty prand at swbell.net
Wed Sep 1 12:57:31 PDT 2004

Good People of Ansteorra!
During the merriment of this year's Seawinds Defender (Oct. 22-24th), there will be a competition like no other.  We invite one and all to participate in the easiest cooking competition in the Kingdom of Ansteorra.
Announcing........IRON CHEF:  Keeper of the Populace Taste

Rules:
1.  Choose a period recipe (see below for sources)
2.  Make at least 40 buffet servings (off or on site)
3.  Notify the Autocrat or Iron Chef Coordinator of your entry no later than Friday, October 15 (no entry fee required)
4.  Have your dish ready to present by no later than 12:00 noon on Saturday, October 23
5.  You must provide your own groceries, cookware and equipment.  Electricity and water will be available, but you must bring your own extension cords/hoses.

*The entries will be set out as a buffet for lunch and voted on by the populace.  Tickets for lunch will be sold at gate for a nominal charge of $2 adults and $1 children 7-13.

So make your best dish and bring it!  You never know what the populace will vote for!
Anyone can enter (no age or experience limits).
This competition will count toward the String of Pearls Championship.
It is highly recommended to work alone, but you may work in teams if you must.  But remember, the Defender prize is for one individual and the number of pearls received for the String of Pearls will not accomodate more than one winner.

For more information, please contact the Iron Chef Coordinator, Bridget of Wolfstar krbrat at yahoo.com or the Seawinds Defender Autocrat, Lady Apollonia de Avena apollonia_de_avena at yahoo.com or (361)242-3396

**If you need sources for period recipes, Lady Apollonia has many books that she can bring to A&S meetings, Fighter Practice, and of course, Herbal and Cooking Guild meetings.  If you are a home-body or out of town, I highly recommend the following websites: