[Ansteorra-announce] EVENT: Gate's Edge 'Cour d'Amour', 10/8 - 10/10

Kelly Rhodes corsair at concentric.net
Wed Sep 8 01:27:33 PDT 2004

The Shire of Gate's Edge presents
Cour d'Amour: A Tourney at Joyous Garde
October 8 - 10, 2004
Camp Camwood (near Magnolia, Texas)
http://www.geocities.com/natashastorfer/

The valiant Lancelot du Lac calls all gentle lords and ladies to tourney at
his castle, Joyous Garde. Guinevere, the Queen of Love, and her ladies
gallery will judge who is most chivalrous among those who test their skills
within the lists and upon the field of battle. Come all those who would sit
at the Round Table and meet in honorable combat to decide who will win the
day: Arthur or Lancelot.

"What," you may ask, "is there for *me* to do at such an event?"

Vie to represent the Shire of Gate's Edge as our CHAMPION of:
Armoured (aka Chivalric) Combat
Archery
Equestrian
Thrown Weapons

Play the role of your favorite Arthurian character, joining our Guinevere,
Arthur and Lancelot to bring the company of the Round Table to life once
more, in brave combat and noble deeds. (Please contact the Event Stewards to
let us know what role you wish to fulfill!)

Fight in our tournament, or upon the field of melee battle as Arthur leads
an assault on Joyous Garde!

Shoot your best on the Archery range, in a competition marshalled by Lord
Carluccio di Baia!

Test your skills of eye and arm at the Thrown Weapon range!

Present your finest potent potables in our first Brewing Competition, run by
HL Eadric Anstapa!

Sing your favorite songs, tell your favorite tales, hear of history and
heroes at our Bardic Workshop, where all may gather to hone their bardic
skills, thanks to Lord Brian O'hUilliam, the Bard of Gate's Edge!

Feast upon the sumptuous fare provided by our Feast Steward, Lord Vaclav
Namatko!

Dance, sing, feast, and make merry as together we strive to recreate the
romantic idyll of Camelot.

Merchants are most welcome! To make arrangements, please contact either of
the Event Co-Stewards.

FEES: Site fee is $9 adults, $4 ages 6 - 12, ages 5 and under free. Site
family maximum fee $27. Feast fee is $8 adult, $4 ages 6 - 12. Makes checks
payable to the SCA Inc./Shire of Gate's Edge.

Camp Camwood boasts plenty of camping space, so come out and stay with us,
and enjoy the fall weather. Pets allowed on leash with current WRITTEN proof
of rabies vaccination. Horses must have written proof of negative Coggins.
The site is WET in period containers ONLY, no hard liquor allowed.

Minors must be accompanied by a parent or legal guardian. Minors may attend
with a 21-year old or older adult with a signed and notarized Minor Event
Waiver Form from the parents.

Please visit the event website at  http://www.geocities.com/natashastorfer/
for directions and more information. More details will be forthcoming on the
Ansteorra-Announce list. Please feel free to contact the Stewards with any
questions.

Thank you--and we hope to welcome you to our Shire's fall event!

Lady Rixende la Serin Noir
serinoir at yahoo.com

Lady Evelun Lambert
corsair at concentric.net