[Ansteorra-announce] Western Sentinel Oct 15-17, 2004 in the Shire of Blacklake

jesandken at grandecom.net jesandken at grandecom.net
Thu Sep 30 16:29:05 PDT 2004

Who will defend the Western Border of our great Kingdom?  In only 2 weeks, it
will be time to choose a Sentinel to Champion the Shire of Blacklake in this
task.  All are invited to attend and compete!  The weekend will be full of
family fun and SCA comraderie!  Bring out your regalia and help us create a
very festive atmosphere.

Site Fee: Adults : $7 Children (5-16) : $5 Family cap : $25
                        $3 Non-member surcharge
Our event site is Hogan Park, which is located on the Northeast corner of the
intersection of Lamesa and Wadley in Midland, Texas.
For driving directions, visit our event site at
http://shireofblacklake.blogspot.com

Feast will consist of breads, honey, fruits and vegetables and various desserts.
The main course shall be pork or other wild game, if indeed the hunting party
is successful. (What hunting season is it?)  Full menu with ingredient lists
will be available at gate.

Feast Fee: Adults $6 Children (5-16) $4

---Food Drive Discount---
We are having a Food Drive Feast. You can get a $1.00 discount on the cost of
your feast by bringing 3 canned goods for donation. Any additional donations
are greatly appreciated.

Honorable Lady Augustine Minerva de Orleans will hold an Or Nue class. Items you
will need: a set of 7x7 stretcher frames, needles and scissors, 18 count
canvass to cover frame, 1 skein of # 16 gold Balger thread, and 2 Au ver a soie
(Pure Silk). Fish pattern adapted from the Chinese for needlepoint, Author
Maggie Lane. Complete Kit of items needed, except for scissors, will be for
sale at event.

Merchants are welcome!! There is no merchant fee and for those not wishing to
cook, we have a confirmed tavern to serve meals all 3 days, except Saturday
during feast.

Autocrat:
Kathrin of Blacklake (Katie Calhoun) 432-368-4408
3631 Eisenhower, Odessa, TX 79762
phillgood at sbcglobal.net

Feast Steward:
Gertrud Scharber von Württemberg (Jessica Ford) 432-689-2223
4408 Brookdale, Midland, TX 79703
jesandken at grandecom.net