[Ansteorra-announce] Middle Eastern Dance Championship @ Elfsea Defender 9/24

Donita Len Schubert SCHUBERT_DONITA_LEN at Lilly.com
Sun Aug 21 10:45:29 PDT 2005

Greetings Good Gentles of Ansteorra!

Thank you so much for the kindness and generosity bestowed upon me and
this undertaking!  Rugs, hangings, food, help and largess have all be
donated, and I thank all of you that have volunteered to assist and
provide.  Here is an update on the contest for the performers:

The stage will be arraigned in an amphitheater style with the musicians
behind you.  This means your audience will be in front and slightly on the
sides of the stage.  We will not be using the large tent this year; I
would like to try this arrangement to allow more of the populace the
opportunity to see the beauty of your performance.  The stage will be
layers of tarp covered in rugs flat to the ground and made as level as I
can achieve, with no tent poles to navigate around.  Our kind sisters to
the south have donated a 'serenity tent' for pre-performance stretching
and warm-up, this will be our 'back stage' area.

Performers, please contact me via e-mail with any requirements that you
might have.  Non-contest performers, please contact me with any music
playing needs you might require.

Musicians:  You will have a lovely flat space to set up, play and really
be a part of the performance!  Food and beverage have been donated for all
the musicians that grace us that night!  Please contact me with your
numbers, so that an adequate space can be prepared.

I am still in need of largess (can there ever be enough?), and hangings
(these will be suspended on a line to give us a 'wall' behind the
musicians).  Please plan on coming to watch the competition!  There will
be lots of room to view the dancers and it promises to be a fantastic
competition!

As always, if you would like more information, like to donate, help,
perform or play, please contact me at:
dschubert at lilly.com
or 817-300-4729

Your servant,