[Ansteorra-announce] Estrella War - Pre-registration arrival, Drop Off policy, no parking areas

Anita Challis anitachallis at cox.net
Thu Jan 6 22:05:14 PST 2005

Greetings from the EW Mains and Security

In order to ensure public safety and unhindered traffic flow, the following
policies will be enforced.  If you have any questions please contact the
Main Autocrats at mains at estrellawar.org or the Security Staff at
sheriff at atenveldt.com

Pre-Registration Arrival
Before 12pm Wednesday February 16th, no one will be allowed through the
front gate without proof of pre-registration.  The only acceptable form of
proof is the signed letter from the pre-registration autocrat, which you
should have received before you travel.  All pre-registration confirmation
letters will be mailed and post marked no later than January 31st 2005.

Please have pre-registration confirmation letters for all occupants of your
vehicle available for inspection at the Front Gate.  This will speed up your
entry onto the site.  All occupants of your vehicle MUST be pre-registered
in order to gain access to the site before12pm Wednesday February 16th,
there are no exceptions to this rule.

Drop Off Policy
We welcome one-and-all to Estrella War, and are happy to see you whether you
are here for a week or a day. Due to abuse at prior wars, Troll will no
longer offer a temporary site pass into the event to any person for any
reason including drop offs. There are no exceptions to this rule and we
apologize for any inconvenience.

If you, and your equipment, are being dropped off at the event, you may
unload the vehicle at the Troll entrance BEFORE starting the Troll process.
On-site cart transportation may be available after you have processed
through Troll and if you know exactly where you are camping (cart subject to
availability).

If you are with us for a short while you can take advantage of our day rate
of $20.00 per person. Day passes can be purchased at Troll and all attendees
must process through Troll and pay their site fee before being allowed into
the event. Please consider using your day pass to the fullest, it enables
you to stay for the entire day (and evening) during which time you can
sample all the delights of war.

No Parking Areas
The Local Authorities would like to remind the populace that there is no
parking permitted anywhere along Vineyard Avenue (the perimeter access road
to Estrella Mountain Park).  This is a public road subject to Arizona
traffic law, if you park anywhere along the shoulder, you will subject to
fines and/or towing by local law enforcement.  Please observe and obey all
signage along this road.

The cities of Goodyear and Litchfield Park have many amenities to make your
wait easier.  A list can be found on the Estrella War website at
http://www.estrellawar.org/conciergelist.html.

Large stores available in the area include:

Walmart Supercenter
13055 W Rancho Sante Fe Blvd, Avondale
( I-10 at exit 129, North on Dysart Road)
Open 24 hours

Target
1515 N Litchfield Rd , Goodyear, AZ 85338
(I-10 at exit 128, N on Litchfield Rd)
Open 8am to 10pm

SAFEWAY shopping center
440N. Estrella Parkway