[Ansteorra-announce] Estrella War - Volunteer information online

Anita Challis anitachallis at cox.net
Wed Jan 19 21:29:52 PST 2005

Full information available at http://www.estrellawar.org/volunteers.html

One of the things that makes Estrella War so successful is the number of
people who are willing to sacrifice several hours during their vacation to
do volunteer service in the many venues needed to make the war run.  To all
of you planning on attending, please volunteer for at least a two hour shift
during this war, this way each of us can spend more time enjoying the
activities and classes.

Contact our Volunteer co-ordinator Lady Morwenna teg Caernarvon
terri_m_85224 at yahoo.com to offer your time - if you have a specific
timetable or favorite department, let her know.  Security is our crucial
area.  We are always looking to fill the shifts between midnight and 8 am.
Troll is another crucial place needing staff to move people quickly through
the check-in process.  Saturday morning at 8 am is a key shift to fill.

We work every year to improve the volunteer process to make it as simple as
we can, so this year there is a volunteer hour log form online at
http://www.estrellawar.org/files/volunteerhoursform.pdf.  This allows you to
fill out your personal information before war, turn the form in to the
Volunteer staff to record your hours, and eliminates the need to complete
the form at Volunteer Point, when all you want to do is redeem your hours
for raffle tickets and get on to other things.

If you are attending as a group perhaps your group could volunteer to man a
venue for 8 to 12 hours in pairs            .
  -  For example, your group could take the 8 pm - 8 am security shift for
one night.
  -  Challenge another group to outdo your volunteer time.  Not only is the
challenge fun, your SCA group will earn monies for the time worked.
  -   Estrella War holds the Volunteer Banner competition.  The current
holder is Barony of Atenveldt.