[Ansteorra-announce] Estrella War - Youth activies & request for supplies

Anita Challis anitachallis at cox.net
Fri Jan 21 12:37:30 PST 2005

The Coordinators for Children's and Youth Activities do humble request help from the populous as war approaches.  There are many wonderful youth programs planned to provide enrichment and education for all our smalls.  See www.estrellawar.org/classschedule.html for more details and our schedule (scroll toward the bottom of the webpage).

So that we may continue providing a quality youth program at war, we are asking for help from the populous in gathering the items needed to run the center and programs (listed below).  If you have leftover arts, crafts or sewing supplies at home that can be donated, please bring them to the Children's Complex at war.  We greatly appreciate even the smallest of items donated.

We will also need items that can be put in our Youth Volunteer Raffle (games, coloring, art supplies, for children; mugs, clothing accessories, feast gear, for teens).  A youth must volunteer 4 or more hours from Wednesday to Saturday to qualify.

The youth are the future of the SCA, so lets help make this time great for them!

If you have further questions or donation please contact me at elizabethiames at hotmail.com

Lady Elizabeth ingen Iames

Estrella War XXI- Children's/ Youth Activities Coordinator

Supply list for Childrens' Activities

Tacky glue (prefer it over regular white glue)

Pipe cleaners

Tempura paints

Dixie cups

Foam brushes

Sumi-e brushes (bamboo)

Paper (construction and other colored paper)

Coloring books

Washable markers

Period game boards (and instructions please)

Crayons

Fabric markers

Face crayons (for face painting)

Youth scissors

Colored pencils

Plastic gems/ jewels/ rhinestones

Feathers

Pom Poms (1/4" - 2")

Felt (any amount or color)

Wiggly eyes (any color, prefer 1/8"-1/2" size)

Sugar cubes

Frosting (for sugar cube castle making)

Scrap pieces of trim

Scrap pieces of fabric

Silk scrapes (for the teens to make banners)

Silk paints and Gutta

Fabric paint

Any edible dough (like play dough only it isn't toxic when they decide to taste it!!)

For Youth Combat weapons classes-

Duct tape

Strapping tape

Schedule 40 gray PVC pipe (1/2 inch diameter)

PVC caps (1/2 inch)

Closed cell foam (like camping mats)