[Ansteorra-announce] Arts & Sciences tidbits

Brian & Pam Martin twinoak at cox-internet.com
Thu Jan 27 20:44:03 PST 2005

Greetings everyone,
I've received various questions after my last post about Kingdom Arts &
Science and thought I'd reply to them all in one e-mail......

1)  Thank you Baroness Ameline for referencing the judging forms.  They are
not meant to be a secret and it is best to look at how you will be judged
prior to the competition.  Before you attend the event, you may want to ask
someone else to read your documentation to see if they have any questions.
If they do, it's probably best to add it to your documentation. The
Ansteorran Laurels "State of the Arts" web page has additional information
on documentation and competitions.
http://laurel.ansteorra.org/

2)  The deadline for Research papers for Kingdom A&S is rapidly approaching
(January 29th).  If you haven't already sent yours in, can you please drop
me a private e-mail and let me know it is coming.  If you give me the topic
I can begin to find Laurels to judge it.

Gulf Wars - A very descriptive set of rules and a schedule can be found on
the Gulf Wars web site.  Yes, there are still 2 competitions and 2 war
points.   All of the A&S competitions will take place on Friday of the war.
The Champions Battle will consist of 10 entrants from each Kingdom with a
minimum of 1 and a max. of  3 that are performance.  The Melee Battle is
still open to anyone on site and it is still a populace vote but it will be
weighted (general populace - 1point, current Royalty and Laurels - 5
points).