[Ansteorra-announce] Archery At Lughnasad - Fun is the Target!

Cat fem_cat at yahoo.com
Wed Jul 6 11:38:23 PDT 2005

Greetings Unto the Populace!

The following changes have been made to the Lughnasad
Archery competition for this year.

Because it was enjoyed so much, and of course to keep
in the theme of Lughnasad, we have “harvested” an idea
from Dragonsfire Tor’s Guardian, which we think
everyone will enjoy.

Archers will pair up and will have a shoot off. The
winner of each pair will be allowed to remain a total
of three rounds. Each of the defeated will return to
the line to await another chance at shooting.

The point system will be as follows;

Each winner will receive two points; each of the
defeated will receive one point. The defeated will
then get back in line in order to try again. If a
competitor is able to hold the winner's position for
three rounds they will then get back in line until it
is again their turn to shoot.

The entire competition will last approximately two
hours, dependant on the heat of the day.

There will be a royal round following the competition
for those interested in receiving an away score.

Vivian McKinnon
Loch Ruadh Archery Marshal

"Oops! My karma ran over your dogma!"