[Ansteorra-announce] Amloch's Lady of the Lake Tourney

Lord Brother Liston Brounyng brotherliston at yahoo.com
Fri Jul 15 21:47:49 PDT 2005

Greetings Ansteorra!

The Incipient Shire of Amloch invites you to attend
our upcoming event, Lady of the Lake I, our first
defender tournament.

August 12-14, 2005 Old Mobeetie Historical Site,
Mobeetie, Texas

We will be hosting competitions in the following
categories:

	Chivalric Combat (Lady of the Lake)
	Rapier Combat 	(Lady of the Mists)
	Bardic (Lady of the Night)
	Arts and Sciences (Lady of the Winds)
	Brewing (Lady of the Waves)
	Thrown Weapons (Lady of the Spire)
	Other competitions and fun activities.

Winners in all competitions will receive prizes,
however the greatest boon of victory will be the right
of the victors to honor their Lady consort with the
title that corresponds to the competition, or, for a
Lady, to win the title by her own hand.  Competitors
in all competitions MUST have a Lady consort on site,
or be a Lady competing by her own hand.  Naturally,
there will be an abundance of ladies eager to serve as
consorts to unescorted competitors.

A delicious feast will be served and The Assembly of
Retarded Donkeys will host a hafla/rumpus after court.
 Join us for a weekend of fun, fighting and feasting
and enjoy the hospitality of one of our fine Kingdom’s
most enthusiastic and flamboyant new groups.

The Broken Toe Tavern will be on site as well offering
tasty meals and refreshments.

Merchants are welcome, please contact the Autocrat to
reserve a spot on our merchant row.

Gentle pets are welcome but must be leashed at all
times.

Feast will include Moussaca (a traditional  dish
similar to potato and beef casserole),  homemade pita
bread, souvlaki (a marinated pork shish kabob),
cheese, olives, and a Greek salad.  Feast is 8.00 for
adults and 5.00 for children under 13.

The event will be at the Old Mobeetie Jail Historical
Site in Mobeetie, Texas.  Site opens Friday, August
12, 2005 at 5:00 pm and closes Sunday, August 14, 2005
at 1:00 pm.

There is a great deal of shaded area for tent camping,
and RV spaces hookups are available, please call for
reservations.  The site has solar heated showers and
indoor modern restrooms.  Alcoholic drinks are
permitted in period containers only.

Site fee is 10.00 for adults and 6.00 for children
under 13, under 3 are free.  Make checks payable to
SCA Inc, Shire of Adlersruhe.

Directions:
>From Amarillo, Texas, take Highway 60 East through
Pampa, Texas.   Then Highway 152 East to Mobeetie.
Look for the signs.

>From Oklahoma City, Oklahoma, you may take Interstate
40 West to Shamrock, Texas.  Then Highway 83 North to
Wheeler, Texas.  Then Highway 152 West to Mobeetie.
Just East of town, look for the signs.

If you are coming in from the North, go south on
Highway 83 to Wheeler, Texas.  Then Highway 152 West
to Mobeetie.  East of town, look for the signs.

If you are coming in from the south, go north on
Highway 83 to Wheeler, Texas.  Then Hwy 152 West to
Mobeetie East of town, look for the signs.

Autocrats:

Lord Brother Liston Brounyng
(Trey Holcomb)
1200 Wisconsin
Borger, TX 79007
806-273-6539
brotherliston at yahoo.com

Lord Damian LaBarre
(Mark Maupin)
806-231-9121

Feastocrat:
Hurrem bint Rashid
(Barbara Ross)
806-274-3795

Knight Marshal for The Incipient Shire of Amloch
Argent bearing Red, Blue, Cyan, Twice Thunder of Wooley Distinction, and Harp of Thunder
House Roaring Thunder
Eleventh Title Bard of the Wastelands
Founding member - Assembly of Retarded Donkeys (Bellydancing Battalion)
SOTC