[Ansteorra-announce] Changes to Anti-Spam software...

Pug Bainter pug at pug.net
Sat Jun 11 13:52:27 PDT 2005

Good Morning,

  There have been a few grumblings in the last month of the false positives
  on email coming into the Ansteorra server. This was caused because of a
  change in one of the default configuration settings between releases.
  I have put the behavior back to the old method and hopefully this will
  address these false positives. From my initial testing it has.

  For those officers wishing to take advantage of the Anti-Spam features,
  you can filter email based on the X-SPAM header. If you are uncertain
  how to do that, please contact your local computer guru for assistance.

  List owners, due to the recent changes there will be a lot fewer false
  positives since list members should get a 10 point bonus to not be SPAM.

  I apologize for the inconvenience these false positives caused and
  hopefully we are behind that.

Ciao,

--
Phelim "Pug" Gervase   |  "We have a constitutional right to make
Bryn Gwlad - Ansteorra |   fools of ourself."