[Ansteorra-announce] Eldern XXVII is almost here!!!

Stephanie Jordan zaahirah_ok at yahoo.com
Thu May 19 06:24:12 PDT 2005

Please foward this on to any of your lists that are off the Ansteorra servers.

Their Excellencies Michel and Elayne invite you to a Middle Eastern Celebration in honor of our XXVII Anniversary.
Join us as we choose our next Champions for Chivalric, Rapier, Archery,  and Schlager.

*There will be an A&S display table with comment sheets provided for your use.*

After a day of clashing swords and flying arrows join us for a Middle Eastern feast to include entertainment while you eat!
Feast Menu
First remove- Breads, butters, olives, and cheeses
Second remove- Tabbouleh, Hamud (chicken soup with Lemon )
Third remove- Dahwood Bashi (Beef with onions tomatoes, and pinenuts)
Farareej Mashwi ( Broiled Chicken with Lemon, and Garlic Sauce ) served over rice
Fourth remove- Ghorayebah ( Almond cookies ), and fresh melons

We will also be having a Middle Eastern dance competition at the hafla Saturday night. The guidelines are as follows.

   We will be allowing recorded music in the event we don#31258; have enough drummers present. If you would like to ensure live music for your song make sure to bring your drummers. There is a 5 minute limit on song length, if you are using recorded music please attempt to choose an appropriate music type (i.e. no modern Arabic pop).
   An attempt at appropriate Middle Eastern clothing (i.e. no cabaret).
   Props are allowed but not required.

This is going to be a relaxed friendly competition for fun, there will be a box of goodies for the winner! If you have any questions about the guidelines please contact the autocrats. Sign up details will be available in the site flyer at the event.

Location: Camp E-Ko-Wah, Marlow, OK

Please Visit http://eldern-hills.ansteorra.org/ for a map to site

Directions to Site
>From Hwy 81 go EAST 13.8 miles on Hwy 29
>From Hwy 76 go WEST 7 miles
WATCH FOR SIGNS!!
Turn South and go 2 miles
(road is not marked) Turn Left ( East ) and go 1.7 miles

Site fee: Adult $7.00,  13-17yrs $6.00, 5-12yrs $4.00, 5 and under Free

All cabins have been reserved at last count. Please check with Ld. Gunnarr  for more information

Cabin Reservations- Lord Gunnarr Haukr ( Jim Hodek )
( 580 ) 658-3441 j_hodek at yahoo.com

Feast fee: Adult: $9.00 Child ( 5-12): $4.00 Under 5: Free

Contact  one of the feastocrats for reservations.

Feastocrats: Milady Margeurite le Chanvrierre ( Tara Brinsfield )
( 580 ) 597-2335 daig73 at yahoo.com
Milady Hrefna Gunnarsdottir (Kellie Shelton )
( 580 ) 351-9603 ladynicneven at yahoo.com

 Please contact the autocrats if you have any questions.

In Service,

Ld. Aiden of the Eldern Hills (Joe Jordan) wolfsdragan at hotmail.com
Ldy Ichikawa Masako (Stephanie Jordan) zaahirah_ok at yahoo.com
Eldern XXVII Autocrats