[Ansteorra-announce] Seawinds Defender--October 28th-30th

prand@grandecom.net prand at grandecom.net
Thu Oct 20 20:58:10 PDT 2005

In the beginning, there was nothing!

And so it was that in those days the people were sorely disheartened; for they
truly suffered a great woe. Nothing sojourned in the land but eternal torment
and melancholy.  No sound of weapon against shield.  No lace. No tights. No
ruffs. Even unto the gaze of bodice cleavage did they lack.

And then from out of the swirling void of mundanity there finally arose an event
worthy of attendance. And an offering was put forth unto the people that they
may hack at one another, dine from the earth’s great bounty, and bask in the
fellowship of one another. Let there be song, dance, and all manner of arts and
festivities. Bodice cleavage, and verily so.

And the populace of Seawinds looked upon this event and saw that it was good,
and called it Defender X.

And so it is decreed that all peoples throughout the land should congregate on
October 28-30th to celebrate this glorious event.

We bid you join us as we choose our Defenders from amongst the kingdoms finest!
Be they Chivalric, Rapier, Archer, Bard or Artisan, let them come forth and
show their best, so that those that witness these deeds may be inspired.  At
the days end, join us in celebrating the day’s events, as we have prepared a
fine feast, and planned much festivity!

For all the news of Defender X  visit   http://www.seawinds.org/defender_X.htm

The information includes:
Site information—fees, directions, amenities
Schedule of Events
Tournament information—Chivalric, Rapier, Archery, A&S and Bardic
   Please note, there will be chivalric and rapier authorizations Sat. morning
Youth Combat Tournament
Hospitality Friday night and Saturday Breakfast
Lunch
Ladies Tea hosted by Lord Arkell vom Cophus
Feast Menu & Reservation Information

Caitriona
Seneschal
Shire of Seawinds

Please note that I do not take full credit for this announcement, I must thank
Dan the Artisan for his fine words. (Those that know him will know which ones
are his!)