[Ansteorra-announce] Fwd: [MCH] UPDATE - Meridies Disaster Relief - PLEASE PASS ON TO ALL LISTS

Corbisier, Barbara L barb at tamu.edu
Thu Sep 8 12:33:09 PDT 2005

A message from Her Grace, Isabella of York of the East Kingdom.

In service,
-Lady Catherine Barbary

Forwarded From: "West-Crowe, Tonessa" <twest-crowe at fulbright.com>

> Greetings from Duquesa Isabella of York!
>
> Since my initial announcement last week, I have been continually moved
> by the show of support from many of the East Kingdom.  This is a
> manifestation of just how powerfully and intimately that each of you
> have taken on the aid to our sister kingdom of Meridies at this dire
> time of need.  Many of you have recognized that this disaster has not
> only touched many of our fellow members, but their families and friends
> and they continue the search for them and to assess the magnitude of
> their losses.  Therefore, with the assistance and ingenuity of Lord
> Robin and Lady Shannon Gallowglass, we have finally set up a Disaster
> Relief Website:  http://forums.eastkingdom.org
> <http://forums.eastkingdom.org/> .  This information is also available
> from the East Kingdom website.
>
> Please go to the website and register your support.  These forums are
> set up to create an arena to discover how you can participate.  It is
> also a venue to come up with new and innovative ideas of support for
> Meridies. Meridies is in dire need of replacement of many basic needs,
> i.e., clothing, both mundane and Society.  As this website is still
> under construction, please visit it often for new discussion groups and
> announcements.  We are presently in need of local event point folks who
> would handle event-driven support, such as a call for housing, clothing,
> fund drives, etc.  This would aid us in our plans for fabric drives,
> food and basic need drives as well as acting liaisons for inter-kingdom
> contacts for those profoundly affected by this disaster.  You may
> register and volunteer for those positions at this site.  Although in
> coming months the newsworthiness of this disaster may dwindle, know that
> the real-life challenges will continue for months and years to come as
> many come to grips with their loss and displacement.  That is the time
> when they will need us most.
>
> We emphatically request and encourage your participation.  Meridies will
> ever be grateful for your love and support as they so desperately need
> it.  We are a mighty and powerful family and are clear that no disaster,
> pestilence or tragedy will dampen our resolve to aid many of members at
> a time when they need it most.  We will not desert them.
>
> Thank you for your generosity and selflessness!  I assure you Meridies
> has heard and felt each and every one and is tearfully grateful.
>
> In service to the Society and with gratitude,
>
> Duquesa Isabella of York
> East Kingdom Coordinator for Disaster Relief to Meridies
>
> Be Aware! -- This is a unofficial confidential Maunche e-mail list.
Information from it should not be shared or forwarded with non-members of
this list without the express permission of the writer(s).

--
Orationem pulchram non habens, scribo ista linea in lingua Latina.