[Ansteorra-announce] Estrella War Announcement

Neil Bohlman neildot at cox.net
Fri Sep 9 13:14:39 PDT 2005

Greetings unto Laurels and Apprentices of the Known World from Estrella
War XXII Laurels (and apprentices) Prize Tourney list sponsor.

It is time once again to gird yourself in armour, craft in hand, and
compete in the first true Laurels (and apprentice) Prize tourney.  The
opportunity of a lifetime is here and now. Upon the Estrella War XXII
tourney field is your chance to strut your stuff on the battlefield with
other artisans. To become the one and only Head Master or Mistress of
the Masters and Mistresses.

The rules are quite simple:

First - you must be a Laurel or Apprentice (how obvious can we be)

Second - you must be an authorized armoured combatant

Third - you must bring a prize made by your own hand

If you are an apprentice (and your Laurel doesn't fight) then your
Laurel must sponsor you by donating a prize to bestow as they see fit
(best death, best armour, most chivalrous etc.)  When all is said and
done the first place fighter gets first choice, second place etc.  Other
brothers and sisters of the Laurel are encouraged to donate prizes as
they see fit as well.

Everyone shall receive a prize, and everyone will have fun.  What
started out as a simple list of five has grown to over 30 Laurels and
Apprentices'.  Due to the overwhelming number of participants in the
past, the list shall open at 12:00 noon, with the tournament itself
beginning at 2:00 PM. I shall expect nothing short of magnificence. We
shall see you there.

Baron Domingo de la Vega y Martin, List Sponsor

Date Thursday 16 February 2006

Time 2:00 PM