[Ansteorra-announce] Seasons

Erik Langhans ELanghans at khou.com
Mon Apr 3 07:31:23 PDT 2006

Subject 1.  The Kingdom Seneschal's Office

Seasons change, from winter to spring to summer.  My warrant is up at July Coronation.  Two years will have come and gone.  That being said, the office of the Kingdom Seneschal of Ansteorra is now accepting applications until June 1.  Send a copy of your application to me, the Crown, the Heirs, and to the Society Seneschal.  Include both SCA and modern resume' as well as info on your admin, problem-solving and conflict resolution skills.

To say candidates should be well versed in Kingdom Law and Corpora is an understatement.  All candidates should also be familiar with both the Society Seneschal's Handbook for Kingdom Seneschals and the Ansteorran Seneschal's Handbook. Expect to spend more than few hours each week on the job.  Email and a cell phone are critical. Effective problem solving and solid administrative skills are an absolute must. Love of the SCA and of this Kingdom are vital.

Being able to assist Ansteorra has been a high water mark in my time in the SCA.  Thank you all for your help and assistance and the privilege of allowing me to serve this Kingdom.

The plan is to make an announcement by June 1 so send in your applications ASAP.

Subject 2.  Events

At Crown TRM & TRH awarded Fall Crown 06 to Middleford and Summer 06 Queens to Lindenwood.  Reminder: July 06 Red Tape/King's Round Table is in Bryn Gwlad.  Here is a Preliminary Schedule.
http://www.ansteorra.org/regnum/seneschal/schedule.html

TRH will be making a final decision which group will be hosting Summer 06 Coronation in 2 weeks time.

Subject 3. Ansteorran Seneschal's Handbook

The new Handbook was signed at Crown and is part of Kingdom Law.  It can be found online at http://www.ansteorra.org/regnum/seneschal/info.html.

Subject 4.  Northern Regional Seneschal

Sir Asoph, who was recently installed as the Northern Region Seneschal, is moving to Elfsea and will need to turn the office over to his ER Deputy (that is why you have ER Deputies).  Asoph, thank you for your stewardship of a very important office, you did a good job and are to be commended.  That being said, HL Gilyan will be stepping in the ER Deputy within the next week or so until the Office is filled.  If you are interested in becoming the Northern Regional Seneschal please send your application to me and Asoph.  Please take time to read the new Ansteorra Seneschal's handbook especially the section in the back on the Duties of the Regional Seneschal.  Expect a decision by June 1.

Modius
Kingdom Seneschal