[Ansteorra-announce] News From Lughnasad

Padraig Ruad O'Maolagain padraig_ruad at irishbard.org
Wed Aug 23 21:04:52 PDT 2006

I bring you news from the Shire of Loch Ruadh's Lughnasad event!

>From the Chivalric and Youth Boffer Coordinator:

The winner of our Chivalric Hostage Tourney was Lord Lochlan Dunn

The winner of the Youth Boffer Tourney was M'Lord Justin Cargill

My thanks to Mistress Stella Silvana and Lord Rolf Sewardson for assisting
me in marshalling.

And a special thanks to the gracious Lady from Falcon Rose who came to my
rescue and acted as List Mistress when the person scheduled to perform this
function met with an automobile accident.  Unfortunately, I only heard the
lady's name once and for the life of me cannot remember it!

                - Lord Alric Morganwg

>From the Knife, Axe and Spear Coordinator:

Knife was won by Lord Jacques the Spink.

Axe was won by Mervyn Longstaff.

Spear was won by Lord Rolf Sewardson.

                - Ld. Eoghan
                  TW marshal at large

>From the Arts and Sciences Coordinator:

In the regular A & S competition, the winner by Judges Choice was HL
Vincenzo
Cellini with a carved bone with silver & enamel wreath pendant.

Also by Populace vote the winner was Jacques the Spink with boxes and panels
of Chip wood carving.

In the Non-period competition, Grainne of FalconRose won by Populace vote
with multiple entries including Jewelry, Beer bread and Chocolate Truffles.

In the Children's competition, the winner of the Judges Favorite was Valten
Wolf
Heart of FalconRose, 11 yrs old.

And winner by Populace vote was Anika Der Grat of FalconRose, 15 yrs. old.

Both winners in the Children's class had made Cording.

                - Lady Bicé di Pietro

As posted in an earlier email, the winner of the Titled Bard Competition was
Lord Grîmôlfr Einarsson

NOTE:  I am missing the names of the winners of the Archery Competitions and
the Children's Bardic, but will post those as soon as I can track down the
information.

AWARDS:

Kingdom:

Antonia Visconte                -               Award of Arms

Brighid MacFergus             -               Sable Comet - Loch Ruadh

John Greywolfe                    -               Award of Arms

Kaz of Loch Ruadh              -               Award of Arms

Sybil O'Dowd                        -               Sable Comet - Loch Ruadh

Terrence adt Syke                -               Sable Thistle - Woodworking

Shire:

Lord Polydore Pike                              -               Ember of
Loch Ruadh

Lord Padraig Ruadh O'Maolagain    -               Ember of Loch Ruadh

And while not an award, Lady Nuala and HL Vincenzo were made Honorary
Members of the Shire of Loch Ruadh.

A fine time was had by all who attended, and the Shire of Loch Ruadh thanks
all who attended and contributed to the success of this year's Lughnasad
celebration.

On behalf of the Autocrats,

Padraig Ruad O'Maolagain

Court Herald for Lughnasad