[Ansteorra-announce] Fwd: Great Western War X, Cancellation

Julia Riner juliademontoya at gmail.com
Wed Aug 30 08:40:01 PDT 2006

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: Lord Matheus Reyner <matheus at valiantdragon.com>
Date: Aug 30, 2006 12:43 AM
Subject: Great Western War X, Cancellation

  Greetings to you all, I hope this letter finds you well.

The Below message is urgently needed to get out to as many as possible, If
you would please repost the below message to your local lists, we would be
deeply grateful.

Thank you,

Lord Matheus Reyner

Publicity, GWW X

This is an official announcement from the GWW Main Event Stewards and the
Caidan Kingdom Seneschal.

We are sorry to announce that Great Western War 10 has been canceled for
2006.

We know that this news will be a disappointment to some and no surprise to
others.  We want everyone to know that we have done everything possible to
locate an appropriate site and finalize the arrangements.  Unfortunately
time was just not on our side.  After hours of searching and meetings with
site owners we feel certain that we cannot pull together all of the
necessary arrangements to make Great Western War happen in October.  As many
of you know finding a site that will accommodate this type of event is
challenging even without a 5 week deadline.

Thank you to everyone who sent site suggestions.  We received many messages
of encouragement and hope that kept us going on our search.  We would also
like to say thank you for your patience and understanding during a frantic
and disappointing situation.

 We need to ask for your patience once more with regard to refunds on site
fees.  As previously announced we hope to have a refund policy in place by
Sept. 1, 2006.  Please check the web site for detailed information after
that date.

Regarding the future of Great Western War:

I'd like to assure everyone that, given a full year to plan, the event staff
will be able put together a terrific event.

Please check the event web site for further information.  www.caid-gww.org
We will be posting more information as it becomes available.

Sir Gavin and Baronesse Cara Michelle

Just a few statistics:

We made contact with over 53 sites.

We visited over 33 sites personally.