[Ansteorra-announce] Gulf Wars Work Weekend

David Jurgens djurgens at swbell.net
Mon Feb 6 15:53:14 PST 2006

Greetings Ansteorra,

As I hope many of you know, there is going to be a work weekend at the
Gulf Wars site this weekend, Feb 11th and 12th.  We will be cleaning up
the Ansteorran camping areas that still have fallen trees and debris.
Most of the large trees have had their branches removed and hauled to a
central site.  What is left to do is cut the tree trunks into fire wood,
remove what debris is still there and fill in holes.  These holes are
what were left from the trees being up-rooted by the Hurricane Katrina
last August.  There will also be some work to smooth out heavy equipment
tracks.

The following links show what the site looked like a couple of weeks
ago:

http://photobucket.com/albums/v721/alricm/

http://photobucket.com/albums/f330/padraig_ruad3/Gulf%20War%20Land%20Tri
p/

I am asking that everyone that is going to please bring any of the
following is you have it:

Gas Chain Saws
Gas and oil for the saws
Bow Saws
Shovels
Rakes
Wheel Barrels

Any other tools to accomplish the above tasks

I have had an offer of the use of a trailer mounted log splitter.  If
anyone else has access to one, please bring it if you can.

Most of the Hotel/Motels in the area are full with workers and displaced
folks from the Hurricane.  Everyone should plan on camping on site.  I
will send out weather updates later this week so the every can plan
accordingly. If anyone has information about Hotel/Motel availability,
please forward that information to the list.

Please be sure to ware good shoes, sturdy clothes and bring gloves.  We
will be doing some hard work.

No formal plans have been made for food, but I will be bringing some
coolers and water.  Please plan to bring food to feed your self and
maybe some to share.

If you have any questions, please email either myself,
sirgodwin at swbell.net, or Lady Honour, mysticfalcon at onebox.com.

Regards,

Sir Godwin of Edington
Ansteorran Liaison Gulf Wars XV