[Ansteorra-announce] Crown Participant Pre-Registration

Erik Langhans ELanghans at khou.com
Fri Feb 10 07:20:00 PST 2006

<Could a Knight please post this to the Chiv list>
<Could a Centurion please post this to the Centurion List>

Crown is coming up.

Please check your membership cards.  Without proof of membership you will not be able to enter the list.  Visit the SCA.org site for renewing your membership at https://secure.sca.org/membership/

Also pre-registration for entry into the Crown list is now open.  Please, please preregister. It saves loads and loads of time at the event and will ensure a rapid start to the day's activities.  If you plan on entering please visit...
http://www.supportyou.com/crown_tourney/

Modius
Seneschal

FYI from Kingdom Law...
Section 5 : Requirements for Entry into Crown Tournament
A. The Sovereign and Consort may not enter Crown Tournament during their reign.
B. The Kingdom Seneschal or a representative will verify proof of membership at or before Crown Tournament using a roster of paid members for every entrant and consort.
C. Any competitor in Crown Tournament must make known to the Crown the identity of his or her prospective consort.
D. Consorts may bestow their favor to only a single entrant in Crown Tournament.
E. At the pleasure of the Crown, any person entering Crown Tournament as a fighter or consort must:
1. Be acceptable to the Crown.
2. Be paid members of the SCA with access to the kingdom newsletter.
3. Be of legal age in the state in which he or she resides.
4. Have lived within the boundaries of the kingdom for the previous calendar year.
5. Have served in an administrative office of the SCA, or its equivalent, for at least a total of one year.
6. Be able to exhibit a good working knowledge of SCA structure, kingdom structure, the powers and responsibilities of the Crown, and other major kingdom offices as defined in Corpora and Kingdom Law.
7. Display a demeanor and appearance suitable to being a Sovereign or Consort.
8. Bear the favor of a person of the opposite gender as potential consort.
9. Have sufficient income to support the office of the Crown.
10. Have a means of rapid and regular communication.
11. Have a dependable means of transportation.
12. Give sufficient assurance that he or she will remain in the kingdom for the next nine months.
F. In addition, any person entering Crown Tournament as a combatant must have:
1. At least one year's fighting experience.
2. A member of the Chivalry who will speak for him or her prior to the Crown Lists.
3. A current fighter authorization.
G. Combatants who are on probation or suspension with the marshallate cannot compete in Crown Tournament without the express permission of the Crown.
H. Any fighter entering Crown Tournament must swear the following oath in the presence of the Crown of Ansteorra:
..I do declare my intent to compete in the Crown Tournament of Ansteorra. I do swear that a gentle person has granted me favor and agreed to rule with me should I win. We do meet all requirements for assuming the Crown, as set forth in the Laws of Ansteorra. I swear, for myself and my consort, that should I win the Crown Tournament of
Ansteorra, we will rule justly and to the utmost of our abilities, sparing no effort to fulfill our duties as King and Queen of Ansteorra. All these things I do swear by my honor...
I. Any person entering Crown Tournament who willfully and deliberately falsifies their qualifications under these laws forfeits their right to participate in that Crown Tournament.