[Ansteorra-announce] Coastal Invasion IV Feb. 24-26, 2006

medicfem at aol.com medicfem at aol.com
Sat Feb 18 09:21:17 PST 2006

Greetings and today I encourage your attendance to Coastal Invasion IV,

Welcome to our fourth Coastal Invasion, a collaboration of the shires of Stonebridge Keep and Seawinds. I hope our King finds this day full of battles and mayhem to his satisfaction.

Over the past four years Seawinds and Stonebridge has strived to help prepare our local, regional, and kingdom warriors for the battles of Gulf War. So let us take this time and prepare by sharpening our swords and practicing our defenses so that our foes may see us across that marshy field and FEAR US!

Yes, those coming days where we will be united in battle against a common foe are but days away. Yet, we will hone our skills this weekend. ON THIS BATTLE FIELD. On Ansteorran Land. So that we may defeat our foes swiftly and without remorse.

We have much to be thankful for and let us celebrate as those who passed before us would have wished us to. With song and drink we will say good bye to a friend, Lord Micheal of Langley.

In this place, there is much to appreciate and learn. This land holds many magical moments for me personally. I have watched the night sky be brighter than any I have seen. Seen the wild stags and boars feasting on this field at night and seen hawks cross the sky looking for their prey. They too are Ansteorrans. May the spirit of these animals consume us so like strong stags we will race onto that battlefield, like wild boars together we will stand our ground and like hawks we will seek our enemies and they will perish in the sun.

We have a tenative schedule awaiting royal decree.

Tenative Schedule:

Friday, Feb. 24, 2006

1700 Site and Gate opens.

1800 Hospitality table opens. Meet, Greet, and Eat

0001 Gate closes for the night.

Saturday, Feb. 25, 2006

0730 Stonebridge Keep's Breakfast tavern opens.
         Eggs, baked ham, sausage, muffins, fruit, oatmeal, orange juice, coffee, cocoa, and hot tea for $3.

0800 Gate re-opens.
        Armor inspection and Authorizations - Main field.

0900 Morning Court / Welcome to Coastal Invasion!

Followed by:  Chivalric Field Battle.
                    Rapier Ravine Battle.
                    Equestrian Authorizations and activities begin.
                    A&S opens. Norse theme competition.

0930 Breakfast tavern closes.
        MOC activities begin.
        Blacksmithing demo.

1200 Stonebridge Keep's Lunch tavern opens.
        Irish stew, chicken soup, sausage pasties, bread, butter, fruit, cupcakes, cookies, iced tea, hot tea, coffee
       and cocoa for $3.50.
        * Please pick up children at MOC for lunch.

1300 Chivalric Ravine Battle.
        Rapier Field Battle.
        MOC activites continue.

1330 Lunch Tavern closes.

1400 Embroidery class and Kingdom Embroidery Guild Meeting.
        Gate closes.

1500 MOC Activities close.
        A&S closes.

1730 Evening Court.
        Norse feast to follow.

Roast sheep with mustard and horseradish sauce on the side
Herbed fish
Glazed carrots
Turnips
Lentils
Long grain white rice
Spiced custard
Bread with butter
Non-alcoholic warm spice cider

Post feast - Green Card Tavern in honor of the family of Lord Micheal of Langley and much reveling.

During Tavern - House Rolling Thunder Circle - Introduction of the newest clan.

Sunday, Feb. 26, 2006

0800 Free Breakfast pasteries and coffee.

1400 Site closes.

Website: http://www.vvm.com/~lasto/coastal

We are Ansteorra. We are Stonebridge Keep. We are Seawinds.
And WE KEEP THE KING'S COAST.

In service,

Lady Caley of Lancashire

Co - Autocrat Coastal Invasion IV