[Ansteorra-announce] [Announcements] Request for Commentary on Change to Family Membership

LMOORE2122 at wi.rr.com LMOORE2122 at wi.rr.com
Wed Feb 22 11:30:15 PST 2006

Greetings to the members of the SCA.

Currently, section I.B.4 of the Corporate Policies for the SCA, Inc.
defines a Family Membership as follows:

4. Family Membership extends the privileges of Section I.B.1 to the
immediate family of a member defined in paragraphs B.1-B.2 of this
Article, who live at the same physical address as the member. This
type of membership is not considered a subscribing membership.

Per the membership application, the cost for family membership is:

• Family: $10.00 – Immediate family of a Sustaining or International
member residing at the same address. Family members are extended the
privileges of Associate membership. A maximum of $60 will be collected
from families with one Sustaining and three or more family members
($35 + $25).

This membership is meant for families, specifically immediate families
at the same address, to be able to enjoy membership at a reasonable
cost.  We have, unfortunately, seen what appears to be a growing trend
of abuse of this membership type over the past few years, with as many
as 20 people applying under one family membership.

Therefore, the Board is considering the following change to the
definition of a Family Membership.  A Family Membership would include
two (2) adults and any children 17 and under residing at the same
address.  Section I.B.4 of the Corporate Policies for the SCA, Inc.
would be changed to read as follows:

4. Family Membership extends the privileges of Section I.B.1 to the
one additional adult and minor children 17 and under, in addition to a
member as defined in paragraphs B.1-B.2 of this Article, who live at
the same physical address as the member. This type of membership is
not considered a subscribing membership.

Comments are due to the Board of Directors by June 1, 2006.

Thank you.

Linda Moore
President, SCA Inc.

Comments are strongly encouraged and can be sent to:
SCA Inc.
Box 360789
Milpitas,  CA 95036

You may also email comments at lists.sca.org
or reply to this message.

This announcement is an official informational release by the Society for Creative Anachronism , Inc.  Permission is granted to reproduce this announcement in its entirety in newsletters, websites and electronic mailing lists.