[Ansteorra-announce] Queen's Champion Tourney and Midsummer's Masque

Craig Shupee' philipwhite at hotmail.com
Fri Jun 30 17:44:19 PDT 2006

The Canton of Lindenwood Invites You to Join With them
On Saturday, July 29th, 2006, 8am – 10pm

ANSTEORRA QUEEN’S CHAMPION TOURNAMENT
FOR HER MAJESTY BRITTA MCGREGOR

And

THE CANTON OF LINDENWOOD’S MIDSUMMER’S MASQUE

The Tourney

A call to all rapier fighters! Queen Britta McGregor bids you welcome and is
honored by your presence at Her Queen’s Champion Tournament. Come show your
honor and worth upon the field of combat with the hope of becoming Her
Majesty’s Champion. In addition, a youth rapier tournament will take place
to determine the Guardian of the Queen’s Hope. The tournaments will begin
after morning court. Armor inspection will begin at 8am.

The Masque – ‘The Garden’

You are invited to come dressed as part of ‘The Garden’ – be that flora or
fauna. Please demonstrate your grace and nobility on the dance floor as you
have earlier that day on the field. The Canton, with the help of Her
Majesty, will choose a Master and Mistress of the Masque who best adapt to
the theme and style of the evening. A Prince and Princess of the Ball will
also be chosen among the youth dancing.  The Best Masque will be recognized
with a prize.

A&S Display

You are encouraged to display a body of work showing the progression of your
art over time. Laurels and Irises are especially invited to show their
beginning works and how they have developed their proficiency and talents
demonstrating different periods of their knowledge.

Additional Information

Site: **There is an air conditioned hall.** The site is a public park.
There is no camping available. If you need to make sleeping arrangements,
please contact the steward. Many local persons are willing to host fighters,
dancers, and their guests. We will do out best to accommodate your needs.
There is not a shower on site.  Senter West Recreation Center across the
street does have outdoor facilities at the swimming pool that fighters can
use for a minimal fee.

Food: An early afternoon sideboard created by HL Saqra al-Kudsi will be
served during the tourney. We encourage you to bring snacks and desert items
to share during the evening’s revels but we will not be serving dinner.
There are many local restaurants nearby.

Fees: Adults $10, Children 6-12 $5, Children under 6 free. Family Max $30.
A $3 non-member surcharge applies to anyone without proof of membership.
Fee includes Tourney, Masque, and afternoon sideboard.  Please make checks
payable to SCA, Inc./Canton of Lindenwood.   Site is DRY.  No alcohol
please. No open flames. No pets except for assistance animals.

Directions: Make your best way to Hwy 183 *WEST* of I-35E in Irving, TX.
Exit MacArthur Blvd and turn South. Turn East on Shady Grove Rd. Turn North
on Senter St. Turn East on Senter Valley. Turn South onto Chamberlain and
proceed into park. Physical address: 228 Chamberlain Irving, TX.

*July Blackstar ad incorrectly stated east of I-35E. The site is *WEST* of
I-35E in Irving.*

Steward:

M. Philip White (Craig Shupeé)
1101 S. Thornbush Circle
Arlington, TX
817-313-7575 or
philipwhite at hotmail.com

More information, details, and updates are available at
http://lindenwood.ansteorra.org/

Minors must be accompanied by a parent or legal guardian.  They may also
attend with a 21 year or older adult with a signed and notarized Minor Event
Waiver Form from the parent