[Ansteorra-announce] Gulf War News

Dukepmg at aol.com Dukepmg at aol.com
Mon Mar 20 17:25:33 PST 2006

Greetings Ansteorran Heroes one and all!

My good friend, Baron Thomas of Tenby, writes Haiku and one of them goes
like this:

Thunder!  We huddle
together in the darkness.
A dragon is near.

At Gulf War this year, the foes we faced knew a dragon was upon them and
they wanted to huddle in the darkness.  However, they stood their ground  like
warriors should and we sent them to Valhalla where true warriors go.

HRM Mahadi led the Ansteorran army to victory after victory.   Duke Kein was
there and Duke Miguel, Count Simon and Count Galen, Earl Daffyd  and Count
Gunther, Earl Aaron and his lovely bride Countess Britta fought side  by side,
Countess Regina and Countess Octavia slew their foes; Duke Hoegarten  newly
moved from the Outlands struck with his swift spear.

Our allies and good friends were Trimaris, Atlantia, and the Midrealm  along
with the East Kingdom who sent some of their best to fight with us as  did the
Outlands.  All of these along with the Knights and Dons  and Centurions could
not have accomplished what we accomplished without all  of Ansteorra behind
them.  Our Ansteorran Youth won the day in the  individual Youth tournaments
and showed what they will be like when the come of  age...Ansteorran Lions.  I
saw Ladies of the Rose carrying water to thirsty  fighters (thanks Countess
Tessa and Countess Octavia), I saw new people and old  time players helping our
fighters on the fields carrying sustenance and a smile  bolstering the troops.
There were many individual heroes in the battles  fought.  New fighters stood
beside the veterans and held their ground, no  one wavered.  I saw many young
Ansteorran fighters with smiles on their  faces and the Dream alive in their
eyes.  Thank you so much to those who  glow with "The Dream"; it makes my time
in the SCA so much more  incredible.

The fighting scenarios were all we could hope for.  We charged  into the Town
Battle and left our foes dead in the streets.  We fought them  in the Ravines
where we chased them onto the Bridges and they held us  for a time there.
They retreated to the Fields where they fled from the  dragon in terror into the
Fort where we finished them off.  Through it all  our archers launched their
arrows into our foes and swept them from the  battlefield.

Gulf War is our war!  We won the Volunteer Point, thanks to all those  who
made our war a fun war for everyone.  The A&S point was taken  by the Ansteorran
artisans.  Our rapier fighters were victorious as  were our archers!

Mooneschadowe (Hail MOG!) and Northkeep won the King's Banner and the
Southern Region won the Queen's Banner.  We had a young lady fighting for  the first
time...she received a Sable Falcon from HRM for her enthusiasm  and
willingness to throw herself into the fray.

Ansteorran Heroes, make your plans now to go to Gulf War XVI next  year.
You, too, can bask in the light of the Dream.  You, too,  can do service for your
Kingdom or enter the A&S and dazzle  the masses.  Combatants all can take the
field to fight for honor and  chivalry.  And those who can do none of these
should come and witness  the glory so that our story can be told...a story of
valiant men, women, and  children.

Lastly, I would like to congratulate/thank Sir Godwin of Eddington and his
staff for completing another Gulf War in fine fashion, we couldn't have the fun
 we have without all of the hard work that goes into GW before, during, and
after.

It has been my honor to serve my Crown, my Kingdom and its Populace.   Vivat
Ansteorra!

In Service,

Duke Patrick Michael Gordonne
General, Ansteorran Army of Heroes